I Set Up My Friends's Droid Last Night and I have to say I'm really jealous!

Last Updated:

1. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The phone is blazing fast and works like I wish my hero worked. On one hand I'm really excited to see where Android is headed....but it really made me realize how slow our phone is....even when rooted and overclocked etc...

Advertisement
  2. awesomecomb

awesomecomb Well-Known Member

put 2.1 on your phone... it is buttery smooth.

3. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

The Droid is a really nice phone, but when I use one, I miss SenseUI which gives not just a great look, but more integration. I also miss the dedicated buttons (phone on, phone off).

The speed really is nice and the call quality on the Droid is really nice too, especially the speakerphone.

4. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

I looked into the Droid, but switching to Verizon from Sprint was going to cost me A LOT more money each month!! Doh!

5. mich0020

Never going to leave Sprint because the pricing is unbeatable. I looked into flashing the 2.1 Roms out there (been reading all afternoon) but I think I'm just going to wait until the official 2.1 comes out and then see what the developers cook up. Just hope the update comes soon!!

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I am with the other people on cost. I get PERFECT cell service in my area, I am never without service. Sprint's speeds are blazing fast, at $30-40 cheaper then the comparable VZW plan. Its a deal breaker for me.

7. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

but the droid is so freaking ugly! all "cornery" and sharp, it's disgusting

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I think the designer of the Hero and Droid are ratards...the eris and N1 are the only decent looking Android phones (sold in US).

9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

I am loving it
    It is like a new differ faster sharper phone

You are really missing out on something great

10. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Really? ... the Hero and N1 look similar to me... :confused:

11. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Kinda funny since the Droid Eris and the Hero are practically the same phone but with different providers and different name.

12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

It's funny that I actually have to explain this...

The N1 does not have the stupid aluminum plate with the crunchy menu, search, back and home buttons and lol at the cheap phone and end buttons that are peeling off on the Hero.

The Eris is the same phone on the inside, not the outside. HTC did a much better job designing the Eris, see reasons in above paragraph.

13. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member

the eris is UGLY man! my friend has one and i hate the way it looks especially that camera on the back! The hero is a good phone! Its not flimsy of cheap feeling my buttons are NOT peeling off at all! The eris is not a better looking phone IMO :cool:

14. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I understand it may not be cooler looking to you because your taste may vary compared to mine, but the point is the Hero has a poor design as you can see by the thousands of posts regarding defects in its design.

This is a stupid discussion, I'm sorry for starting it. If you don't understand my logic then just ignore my posts because I'm too lazy to elaborate any further.

15. dodgerbluehero

:rolleyes:

16. mich0020

ok Dan and Awesome...which 2.1 do you recommend??? Still fighting the urge to flash it....just not looking forward to redownloading all my apps etc and having to set them all up again. Grrr

17. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Haha, sorry I just had to comment. First, if your buttons are "crunching" as you described the silver plate having "crunchy" buttons, you might have an issue with your phone. My buttons don't "crunch" at all. Although I do love saying that word. Second, your post above is humorous. You first acknowledge that everyones taste is different, then in the same paragraph you continue to argue that your taste is superior and correct. You might like the design, but its not a design to be liked. Just sayin.. :D

18. dodgerbluehero

+1 :)

19. acp

acp Well-Known Member

No, you misunderstood my point. I'll try one more time. Please attempt to read everything beginning to end.

I like the Eris design better period. The other poster didn't; therefore, I clearly said that simple difference of opinion is pointless to argue.

However, what you can't argue is the fact that the Hero design is much more prone to problems, such as end/phone buttons peeling, dust under the screen, which I know is also a problem with the N1, but this is strictly Eris vs Hero right now, so please don't get thrown off track, and the crunchy buttons is called an exaggerated point. I'm sorry I made it so hard to see that I was exaggerating the fact that the Hero has the aluminum/brushed metal whatever the fk you call it buttons on an angle that are "clicky" and if you read enough about the Hero you will see quite a few complaints about those buttons. I GUARANTEE you will never see another HTC phone designed like the CDMA Hero and its weird bottom aluminum button section. The Hero was a design mistake right up there with the Palm Pre.

Summary:

Overall Design is debatable, the fact that the Hero is more prone to design/cosmetic problems is not. I hope you can see the difference.

20. mich0020

Ok...took the plunge....installed DC's rom....does seem much faster...now to reinstall all my apps...uggh!

21. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

I have the Hero and love it. I wouldn't change from Sprint for any phone! TC

22. dkokkos

dkokkos Well-Known Member

coming from iphone I am not changing my hero right now for nothing... the only plus on the iphone was the games... but guess what i still have the iphone in my backpack for listening to music and playing games :)

23. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

That really is the deal breaker/maker right there. Sprint's unlimited mobile-to-mobile, texts and data for $70 is second to none.