• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I softbricked my tablet and am in waaay over my head. Someone please help :,(

I have an Ellipsis 8, and was doing some things (following directions off reputable websites) to use a program called Kingroot and Teamwin and ES File Explorer and Terminal Emulator, NONE of these I fully understand, I was just following directions. Then I installed Xposed and a random .zip that I THOUGHT was the right one, but obviously not. I don't know how I did this, but from what I'm reading, this is a softbrick because I can still get into recovery mode. However, wiping data and wiping cache and then rebooting is not working. Still stuck on the Verizon logo screen.
My tablet is rooted.. other than that I know nothing for sure. Somewhere it said that there's supposed to be an option in the recovery mode called "advanced" and then "wipe Dalvick cache" or something.. I don't have an "advanced" option in my recovery mode. Is my tablet actually hardbricked? :( Someone please help..

Not a lot of development for your tab. Do you still have TWRP recovery installed?
Yes, As far as I know. But "installing" is ALL I did. I don't know if I ever entered the app, so if there was something I was supposed to do to "enable" it, I didn't do that.

And, embarrassingly enough, I did this to the tablet trying to get around the restrictions on pokemon go being played on tablets. I couldn't figure out WHY I couldn't play it, as the only stipulation I could find that would prevent it is an Intel processor, which I don't think it has. I read of a lot of people getting it to work on their Samsung tablets, so I didn't see how it could be a resolution incompatibility issue. At any rate. Should I just throw in the towel?

I can stil access the "recovery" mode.. but like I aid earlier, neither wiping data completely nor wiping cache will allow it to reboot normally.

Upvote 0
Lol, people really need to stop recommending xposed it's for people who have at least decompiled an apk. What you need to do is reflash your stock rom. Don't worry about root until you've taken a look at https://source.android.com/
And can disable a apk in your stock rom without an app.
The average person only needs root for host file access and removal of adware.
I'm gonna need layman's terms if there is any help for my situation. I'm not computer/technology illiterate but certainly not on the advanced level that the people of these forums would be.

Upvote 0
TWRP is a custom recovery that is installed and replaces the stock recovery. I don't think you had it successfully installed and are booting into the stock recovery.
Not a lot of information available for your device. I could not find the stock firmware or anything custom.
There are a few threads at XDA that are still active. You could create account there and ask if anyone has the stock firmware and a way to flash it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/verizon-ellipsis-8-qtaqz3-t2957225
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones