• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I spoke 2 a Verizon Level 2 Tech today about the 2.2 Battery Issues!

To me the Task Killer is faster as I have mine living in my notifications bar. Whenever my phone feels like its moving slow, I open the task killer and end anything that is open with 1 press of the button. I never really ran into any battery issues either. The only time I do, is when I am watching a lot of videos or listening to music from iheart radio or something like that and even then, I would have my phone hooked up to the charger if I am going to be listening to music or watching a show for a while.

Upvote 0
Reactions: hpresley80
Upvote 0
Either the rep you spoke to was on his first day or he is not knowledgeable in the job that he has.

First off if he told you to use an app killer/manager then he doesn't know the product he is selling.

Second off if he told you that your not getting another update then he doesn't know the companies future plans.

What did you learn from this? Don't believe verizon reps.

Upvote 0
I think it is obvious that the consensus here is that the tech was giving you incorrect information, for whatever reason (I will not speculate, nor call him an idiot - he may have been following orders, for all we know).

If you still don't believe us, please feel free to continue to do as the tech says - and keep wondering how your phone works great for a couple of seconds, minutes, or hours, but eventually goes back to being crap - while mine, overclocked at 1200 MHz with a performance setting in SetCPU and with 170+ apps installed manages to give me 9-10 hours a day on moderate use throughout the day on my battery....

Choice is yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones