I spoke 2 a Verizon Level 2 Tech today about the 2.2 Battery Issues!

Last Updated:

1. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

He said 2 use Advanced Task Killer 2 trouble shoot the Battery Issues. He also said that any reports of us getting a Second Over The Air Update are Completely False, and that we will NOT be getting FRG22 or any Build other then the already released FRG01B release!

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

ATK is hardly a trouble shooting program.
    Check your running services first - with particular attention paid to programs that sync data - like facebook.
    You might also try the poorly named AutoKiller to help manager programs (poorly named, because killing programs isn't really what it does).
    AutoKiller - Android app on AppBrain

3. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

If he honestly told you to use a task killing app he should be fired... immediately.

Either that or he thinks you're a complete moron and wasn't actually trying to be helpful :rolleyes:

4. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

You don't even need a task killer with 2.2, it has its own running tab built into manage applications in settings. You can force stop anything you want in there.

5. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

He said the issue is being caused by APP's staying open after we exit out of them. He also said that the Second Over The Air Update is only a Revised Version of the Origional FRG01B, and that if we received the update recently, we already have it (The 2nd OTA)!

6. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

To me the Task Killer is faster as I have mine living in my notifications bar. Whenever my phone feels like its moving slow, I open the task killer and end anything that is open with 1 press of the button. I never really ran into any battery issues either. The only time I do, is when I am watching a lot of videos or listening to music from iheart radio or something like that and even then, I would have my phone hooked up to the charger if I am going to be listening to music or watching a show for a while.

7. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

Seems like that Verizon tech was wrong...link

8. jmack356

jmack356 Active Member

How ironic.
    Advanced Task Killer is probably the reason for your battery issues.

Ditch it for a few days and you'll see.

9. NHARRISON1969

NHARRISON1969 Active Member

Yep I got rid of ATK and have had no battery issues with FRG10B and your guy at Verizon was obviously FOS given the recent publishing on the Verizon page of FRG22D being pushed starting tomorrow.

10. hpresley80

hpresley80 Active Member

I uninstalled atk and my battery life definitely increased. Definitely try your phone without it for a few days. I didn't believe it either, until I tried it. :)

11. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

hpresley80 likes this.
  12. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

Either the rep you spoke to was on his first day or he is not knowledgeable in the job that he has.

First off if he told you to use an app killer/manager then he doesn't know the product he is selling.

Second off if he told you that your not getting another update then he doesn't know the companies future plans.

What did you learn from this? Don't believe verizon reps.

13. sranger

sranger Well-Known Member

It should be obvious by now, but I will point out the fact that Verizon tech people are almost always Wrong and know very little about their products.....

14. smacky

smacky Banned

The tech is a moron. You'll get the update in the next week (assuming it's rolled out slowly, starting tomorrow) and as for the battery...well, it's the fact that 2.2 is crap and this new iteration has fixed said crappiness. Just wait a few days for the OTA and it should all be fixed.

15. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I think it is obvious that the consensus here is that the tech was giving you incorrect information, for whatever reason (I will not speculate, nor call him an idiot - he may have been following orders, for all we know).

If you still don't believe us, please feel free to continue to do as the tech says - and keep wondering how your phone works great for a couple of seconds, minutes, or hours, but eventually goes back to being crap - while mine, overclocked at 1200 MHz with a performance setting in SetCPU and with 170+ apps installed manages to give me 9-10 hours a day on moderate use throughout the day on my battery....

Choice is yours.

16. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

...But thanks for posting what you clearly thought would be a contribution to the forum.
    (Hope you learned your lesson.)

17. ajacques002

ajacques002 Member

I un-installed my task killer after the 2.2 update after some research. I've been having no problems at all and love that I never have to worry about messing around with a task manager app any more. Phone is running nice and smooth.