• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I suck at the keyboard.

I'm sure it'll get better as I use it, but I'm missing those physical keys whenever I make an error? Please tell me I'll get better people, and that somebody else is doing just as horribly.

Try the Swype keyboard instead. It also takes some getting used to as well, but once you do you'll glide through messages. Here's their website for further info:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Upvote 0
Im not a huge fan of swype but i used the multitouch keyboard on my incredible and love it just as much on the X

I was kinda meh with Swype at first, but decided to keep on chugging with it. After a week I can zip right along. Unfortunately, I have the recent free download on my Droid and it doesn't have the Google Voice to Text button (yet, I hope it's coming at some point). That's the perfect combo in my estimation. I love talk to text, but there are sometimes when you don't want to be holding your end of a message out loud. ;)

Upvote 0
Try the Swype keyboard instead. It also takes some getting used to as well, but once you do you'll glide through messages. Here's their website for further info:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

This is good for most regular words... but sucks for passwords, or complex words.

Hint: Long hold a text box, and you'll have an "input option". Tap that and select Swype. Tutorial goodness, have fun!

Upvote 0
Anyone else really use to soft key buttons? I keep barely touching the the keys thinking it is soft key, I am so use to it. I will get use to it eventually, I really wanted physical buttons but it will take time getting use to it.

THIS!!!! :D

My last two androids had softkeys. I do the "light touch" on the buttons all the time and then realize I have to actually mash the button. I kinda liked the soft keys better, but I'm getting used to it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones