I synced my facebook contacts to my phonebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. newjacksm

newjacksm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's pretty annoying when I click phone at the bottom and see a bunch of friends from facebook that I dont talk to on the phone but on facebook in my phone book. I tried figuring out how to erase all facebook contacts from my phonebook but I couldn't.

What I did notice what I did what I liked that it did link a lot of people from my facebook to current contacts with images. But I'll have to do this manually.

Is there anyway to delete "Facebook Friends" from current phonebook? The only way I know how NOT to see facebook friends in your phone book is if you just go to people and dont click on Phone at the home screen which I always do...

Advertisement
  2. kmoore11

kmoore11 Well-Known Member

When I pull up my phone, I get a number pad at the bottom and recent calls at the top, not my phonebook. When I go to people, I only see my phone contacts, not any facebook. But when I went to menu -> view there was an option to have my facebook friends show up with my contacts. Maybe you have that checked?

3. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

open people. click menu, click view, uncheck facebook.

Job done

4. newjacksm

lower the number pad and you will see your phonebook + facebook people.

5. newjacksm

I did that and I still see them when I click phone. oh well, ill have to get use to clicking people.

6. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Actaully thats true, it wont remove them from that list, my bad, as you make and recieve calls tho, they will begin to fill the list from the top, so u can usually scroll down and find people you call often quickly.

Apart from that i use smart dial with peoples names and it gets to who i want in a few press's

7. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

I check the "show contacts with phone numbers" and it at least pairs the list down to those with phone numbers. Hope that helps a bit.

8. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

I did not sync facebook contacts just for this reason. Having my facebook friends on the phone list drove me crazy on my Eris. I have really avoided the phone list anyway...too many mis-dials. I use the "people" app.

9. t0ddkrupa

t0ddkrupa Member

I have some of my facebook friends linked to the contacts and i think its pretty, but the freinds widget that is on there doesnt update the person picture when they change their facebook profile pic. Even if i unlink them and re link them it goes back to the old picture.

pretty annoying seeing my buddies cat everytime just because he had it in there for the 10 minutes when i originally set it up. Any ideas?

10. charlotte81

charlotte81 New Member

Can anyone help ???? I am trying to link my facebook to my contacts by going into people selecting contact then the link button with facebook and type a name but it keeps saying I have no friends. Any ideas ?