i think i almost over heated my epic!!! oh s**tTips

Last Updated:

1. JDubbleTrouble

JDubbleTrouble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

probably the first day i got it of course i couldnt stop playin with it so it was dead i was using it while on the charger i noticed it was getting warm i ened up letting it die and left it on the charger and noticed what looke like a thermometer in front of i guess ud say a yellow caution triangle road sign whatever so i took it off the charger and let it set to cool like a pie in the window seal put it on the charger a little while later and it was fine.....so be carfeul dont over do it on ur new super phone it might melt in ur hand or somethin

Advertisement
  2. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen when using the car charger and running Google Navigation. It only happened once though, which is weird.

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

My phone normally idles at 20c, for some reason it peaked at 35c today just being at the homescreen.

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

When I first got the phone, an app got hung, I think it was contacts maybe trying to synch for first time, so it was cooking the phone. I manually killed it and it has been fine since.

5. twenham

twenham New Member

My first phone lasted 2 weeks and failed. I think how hot it got was part of the problem. When charging and using market it would go over 104 degrees. I found taking it off the charger or putting it in standby would reduce it back into the mid 90 degree area. The new phone did the same thing. When my first phone overheated though I lost 3G cabability with my phone, service center had the dealer replace it. So now I'm being careful about using the phone while charging, and monitoring the battery temperature. Two good apps for this are Batteryminder and Battery Booster. There should be something to allow the phone to charge without overheating while using it.