I think I borked VerizonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to test something on my Eris so I called it from my home phone. My phone acted like nobody was calling at all. So I thought this was some sort of bug in 2.1. But I let the phone ring for 5 minutes. My voicemail wouldn't even pick up. I'm not sure if it was a phone problem, or network problem.

I wonder if the phone isn't even getting the message to ring, because even though I'm on wifi, the 3G indicator is on. I called back, and it went through. So I'm doubting was a phone problem.

Sort of a different problem, its a great change from the countless silent call bug.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

And you're absolutely certain you dialed the correct number the first time?

3. Demache

Yeah. It was from the caller ID so its the correct number. Besides, I don't think that if I called some random person, it would keep ringing for 5 minutes. I would either get voice mail or someone picking up.

4. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

That is definitely a bug. Try a simple reboot and see if that helps

5. Demache

Yeah, that worked. Interestingly, the 3G icon would go away once you made a call or someone calls you and then it would come back.

This isn't the first time I've had random network quirks with Verizon though. And I wasn't even on their network.

Once my friend called me (he's on Verizon, I was on Unicel) and when I picked up, I got a "number could not be completed as dialed error". Which is weird I didn't dial anything, he called me. :D When I picked up, he went straight to my voicemail without beginning message, and I got a hilarious voicemail of him getting mad that I'm not talking to him.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

7. Demache

I already did that when I first got the OTA. Besides the damn silent call problem, my expierience with 2.1 has been relatively bug-free, even less than with 1.5.