• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think I bought a rooted phone...

I would stay rooted and stay with JF 1.5 ADP it is very fast stable and very close to cupcake most people have a misconception that a rooted phone is easy the fact is it is not because as I stated before there are hicups and the first force close they want out. the thing is there are good people that are willing to help at every corner. I did a lot of research before I did it and it was both stressful and great. There are a few
things people need to understand first and formost is understanding how to partition the sd card xda is a very valueable website. I have two g1's one is a ADP-1 for experimenting the other is a stock g1 rooted with cyan 3.6.8.1. My safe build Some people don't have the luxury of two phone's and rooting the only phone you have takes some balls no dought but it's great at no point did I ever want to unroot I knew there were answers somewhere when I had problem, And I thank developers for the help A simple PM will get you the help you need. Stay rooted folks there are some very cool things coming soon I here JF is about to do some things that will Rock the g1 community. Can't wait!

Upvote 0
WHERE in the following statement do you read into his words that he is rooted ...?

Originally Posted by AirMech74
So what does the basic rooting consist of?

I just thought of something else...I understand that you first need to format your SD card to FAT32 right?....well, when i bought the phone, he didn't give me the SD card...I already had a 2GB card that I put in it...do I need to reformat it?

He ask what is rooting about ? He has not even with a FAT32 card to put a flash ON !!
So explain to US where you get out of this that he is rooted or that he even came close to saying i am rooted....

CRC1 Does NOT indicate you arre rooted or not .... It means you have the latest security update within what ever build you have ...

In addition you can have The JF Updater App on your rooted or unrooted the difference is if you run JF Updater from a rooted OS then if will tell you the update builds that JF has published... If you are not rooted then running the JF Updater will inform you that you dont have a compatible OS

So if he is seeing a list of like 6 build options then I agree he would be rooted ...

Thanks for your posts. They are really very cool, very wonderful.
simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. R

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones