I think i bricked her

Last Updated:

1. euroa4

euroa4 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new here and figured modmymobile would answer this, but for some reason their database throws me an error everytime i try to create a username.

Anyways, my phone rooted just fine. I went to install a theme, it installed all of the pieces and at the very end, shut off.... now it refuses to turn on at all. Doesnt even blink like the charger is charging it.

It does show up as a linked device if i adb devices with it plugged into my computer.

What can i do at this point?

Advertisement
  2. dglowen23

dglowen23 Banned

ok im not experienced with cliq at all but i would try to boot into recovery and wipe.. then re do everything. if its showin up as a device then it shouldnt be bricked but im also pretty new with most of this

3. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

When installing a new theme, you have to be sure:
    1. The theme is compatible with the ROM you are using, and that it does not require a deodexed version of that ROM.
    2. That the theme is in .xml format as opposed to .thm (unless youre using the old metamorph).
    3. Always run a Nandroid backup BEFORE installing a theme, just in case something like this happens, you can just restore through recovery.

So anyways, if you can still access your recovery menu, like the above post says, youll have to wipe and reflash the ROM, unless you have a Nandroid backup than you can restore that. if you CANT access recovery, the only way you can get out of this is to unroot (flash stock firmware), and then repeat the entire root process again if you would like.

good luck