I think I broke it

Last Updated:

1. luckyone

luckyone Member This Topic's Starter

I decided to root my G1 the other night and followed the directions for Cyanogen 5.0.8. I ended up running into the problem where it gets stuck on the G1 logo screen. After a couple hours of not getting it to work, I decided to revert it to the original stuff.

I followed the steps to reinstall the original bootloader and recovery and then the original RC29 image. Now when I start my phone it goes straight to the bootloader(RGBW screen). I can still get into recovery mode, but its obviously limited in options.

Am I SOL or is there a way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. luckyone

luckyone Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried installing the r29 firmware repeatedly now, including following it up with the r29 to r33 update. After a reboot it goes straight to the bootloader. I am starting to wonder if the changes are actually being stored thanks to the update. The r29 firmware includes the 1.22.14.11 radio and the r33 update says that it is installing a new radio image and the phone reboots, a screen with a weird arrow to a chip is displayed and it restarts again. Since it installed a new radio, I expected a new radio version, but it was still the 14.11.

Does this help at all?

3. flight3

flight3 Active Member

Ok I think you may have gotten the instructions wrong a little. For 5.0.8 you need the newest radio which is 2.22.23.02 there is a link to download it. Also have you flashed the danger spl?

Here is the link to the update guide, if you happen to be reading it from somewhere else.

Full Update Guide - HTC Dream - CyanogenMod Wiki