• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I broke it

luckyone

Lurker
May 11, 2009
I decided to root my G1 the other night and followed the directions for Cyanogen 5.0.8. I ended up running into the problem where it gets stuck on the G1 logo screen. After a couple hours of not getting it to work, I decided to revert it to the original stuff.

I followed the steps to reinstall the original bootloader and recovery and then the original RC29 image. Now when I start my phone it goes straight to the bootloader(RGBW screen). I can still get into recovery mode, but its obviously limited in options.

Am I SOL or is there a way to fix this?

I've tried installing the r29 firmware repeatedly now, including following it up with the r29 to r33 update. After a reboot it goes straight to the bootloader. I am starting to wonder if the changes are actually being stored thanks to the update. The r29 firmware includes the 1.22.14.11 radio and the r33 update says that it is installing a new radio image and the phone reboots, a screen with a weird arrow to a chip is displayed and it restarts again. Since it installed a new radio, I expected a new radio version, but it was still the 14.11.

Does this help at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones