I think I broke my droid. :\

Last Updated:

1. Ocidic

Ocidic New Member This Topic's Starter

I fell asleep on my Motorola Droid a few hours ago, and I woke up and the notification light was red, and the touchscreen would not work for anything. I turned the phone off, took the battery and SD card out, and let it cool down for a bit. Now it's completely cooled off, and I turned it on. The phone completely works, other than the touch screen. The notification light is still red, but flickering now. The touch screen won't do anything.. Does anyone know anything about this? I guess I will just let it sit overnight without the battery in it, and see if it works in the morning. :(

Edit: Forgot to mention that I get reaaaally hot when I sleep, and the screen was under my arm. That's the reason the phone was so hot.

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

could try a factory reset. Also check to make sure you didn't crush any of the side button or keyboard ones. Just a thought. Good luck.

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Oh no , that sucks! Hope you got the insurance ;)

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

The phone totally works except the touchscreen? So you can navigate using the d-pad but can't use the touch screen to input commands? If you can, go to settings (manage applications). See what apps are running. It might help to figure out what's wrong with your touchscreen. I hope everything works out for you.

5. Ocidic

Alright so I tried turning it on again. Now the notification light is green even when the phone is turned off, and it gradually fades to orange when I am turning the phone on, and when I am at my home screen the notification light is red. Everything works but the touch screen, which is the whole phone to me. I hope it'll work by tomorrow morning. :\

6. Ocidic

Did a hard reset, seemed to help a little bit.. Could click the android to activate my phone but it was very unresponsive and then stopped working altogether. I'm going to let it sit all night and then try it tomorrow morning. Thank you guys for your help, it's much appreciated.

7. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Maybe unrelated, but try charging for a while with the OEM plug and an outlet? Red led usually means low battery and weird touchscreen issues are common when the phone isn't getting enough charge...

good luck!

8. Medic_in_SC

Medic_in_SC Well-Known Member

Take it to Verizon and tell them the phone is messed up... if there is no signs of physical damage, should be covered under warranty maybe?

9. Ocidic

Everything works perfectly, except for the notification lights now. When I receive a text or whatever, it doesn't light up green anymore. Maybe it will fix its self like it did with everything else. *shrug*

10. spiff72

spiff72 Well-Known Member

I would agree with this. As long as there is no obvious damage (including water damage) they should replace it under the 1 year warranty.

11. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

It will be covered under warranty if it isn't working properly...

I've slept w/my Droid in my pocket/under covers before and nothing's happened to it and nothing should from that. If it isn't working right I'd take it in and get it replaced...

12. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

you if it breaks from that i would agree yours is faulty and Verizon was great when i needed a replacement. They replaced mine fore free because of hardware damage!