• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think I figured out the Politics/Climate Change paradox.

always cracked me up the "scientific consensus" there are thousands of scientists with evidence to the contrary

Except there's not: 97% of all peer reviewed papers back climate change.

they just cannot get published due to the WELL ACKNOWLEDGED concerted effort of the alarmists to prevent them from being heard

Actually, quite the reverse: the deniers know they're wrong and that there's zero evidence to support their position and are determined to simply lie about it. Don't believe me? Here's part of a memo from communications strategist Frank Luntz leaked in 2002 with what he advised Republicans:
"Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly. Therefore, you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue in the debate"
So the deniers don't want research out there, they want to lie about it.

every so called "fact" has been completely been debunked not once not twice but time and time again with empirical evidence

I think you mean every bit of so called evidence AGAINST climate change has been debunked time and again enyet the deniers keep bringing up the same old nonsense - it's sunspots, the temperatures haven't been going up yada yada. At this point, these are no longer simply incorrect, they're flat out lies.

Deniers need to forget fantasy and accept that they're completely and utterly wrong.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Except there's not: 97% of all peer reviewed papers back climate change.

copestag:

"always cracked me up the "scientific consensus" there are thousands of scientists with evidence to the contrary.... they just cannot get published due to the WELL ACKNOWLEDGED concerted effort of the alarmists to prevent them from being heard"

obviously "peer reviewed" is beyond your comprehension

Actually, quite the reverse: the deniers know they're wrong and that there's zero evidence to support their position and are determined to simply lie about it. Don't believe me? Here's part of a memo from communications strategist Frank Luntz leaked in 2002 with what he advised Republicans:
"Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly. Therefore, you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue in the debate"​
So the deniers don't want research out there, they want to lie about it.

its not a matter of not wanting it out there...... unlike the many alarmists who have put a halt to any dissenting information..... its a matter of making it clear that there is no real evidence and making sure people dont just believe all the alarmist lies

I think you mean every bit of so called evidence AGAINST climate change has been debunked time and again enyet the deniers keep bringing up the same old nonsense - it's sunspots, the temperatures haven't been going up yada yada. At this point, these are no longer simply incorrect, they're flat out lies.

Deniers need to forget fantasy and accept that they're completely and utterly wrong.

lest we forget nearly every one of your beloved alarmist leaders have already admitted there is a 'pause' in the warming, something they say they just need time to find an explanation for, also something certain EXTREME alarmists still deny is occurring (see above where some extremist claims its still warming at an alarming rate)

this is a lot like that old carnival game..... whack-a-mole......... alarmist just keep poppin up and gettin smacked back down

Upvote 0
they just cannot get published due to the WELL ACKNOWLEDGED concerted effort of the alarmists to prevent them from being heard"

So you're saying there's a massive conspiracy involving tens of thousands of scientists and every single reputable scientific journal across the entire planet?

Really?

These would be the same scientist who have covered up all those UFO sightings, the alien abductions and in their spare time, faked the moon landings, I assume :rolleyes:

The NSA can't keep bugging the German Chancellor's phone a secret, but somehow all these people who have dedicated their lives to sharing information can keep the biggest conspiracy EVER a complete secret?

Examine the actual idea of what you're proposing and you can't fail to see how utterly ridiculous it is.

lest we forget nearly every one of your beloved alarmist leaders have already admitted there is a 'pause' in the warming

No they haven't!

As stated above, 13 of the 14 completed years in this century (counting from 2000) have been the HOTTEST YEARS EVER RECORDED. In what conceivable universe does that constitute a pause :eek:

this is a lot like that old carnival game..... whack-a-mole.........

Except that the deniers keep sticking their head out the same hole, getting knocked clean off, then doing EXACTLY the same thing again.

Upvote 0
you do realize they arent trying to keep it a secret right? many high profile publications have outright said they refuse to publish anything that doesnt agree with their alarmism......... hell they even proposed making it a law in england that no factual papers could be published...... only alarmist garbage

Upvote 0
you do realize they arent trying to keep it a secret right? many high profile publications have outright said they refuse to publish anything that doesnt agree with their alarmism

Any actual proof of that ..?

I mean, if they 'outright said' it, there must be a link, right?

No?

Didn't think so ..

hell they even proposed making it a law in england that no factual papers could be published...... only alarmist garbage

Err .. no they're not.

Complete nonsense: nothing remotely like that has ever been proposed.

Upvote 0
Any actual proof of that ..?

I mean, if they 'outright said' it, there must be a link, right?

No?

Didn't think so ..

this is the last time I do the work for the lazy..... its not that hard really.... so easy in fact even a sky is falling alarmist should be able to handle it

Let me google that for you

Let me google that for you

in case you want to put forth some effort and try all by yourself:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google.com

Err .. no they're not.

Complete nonsense: nothing remotely like that has ever been proposed.

now that Ive held your hand and shown you how a simple search is done..... it shouldnt be that hard for you to locate the names of the prominent people who have proposed prison sentences/death penalties/ or otherwise for people who want to tell the truth about this phony alarmism

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google.com

Upvote 0
Hi, it's me, your friendly wet towel moderator. I know this is PCA and we give a little longer rope for folks to tie their own noose, but let's make sure we are sticking to the issues, and not mocking or attacking each other.

At this point, I'm going to assume there is some well intentioned, heated debate here about the topic. If I further interpret posts as being an attack or a questioning of someones credibility, this thread will go the route of so many others in PCA with a lock.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Can anyone please explain to me who would benefit from lying and creating false evidence about climate change?

I can see an obvious financial reason for the fossil fuel industry to deny climate change, but why would environmentalists and scientists purposefully lie about climate change?

What would they have to benefit that wouldn't benefit everyone - such as a cleaner safer world and the avoidance of the extinction of life on our planet?

As far as I can see, it is more likely that the deniers are evading the truth.

Upvote 0
Well, quite :D

Reading beyond that headline, the same research revealed that:

This September, sea ice covering the Arctic Ocean fell to the sixth lowest extent in the satellite record, which began in 1979. All of the seven lowest extents have occurred in the last seven years, since 2007

So the ice is shrinking more than ever recorded in summer, then expanding more than recently in winter. The research also points out that while the area covered increased, the thickness of this ice hadn't been measured.

Given that the problem here is raised sea levels, the fact that more and more ice that has been frozen for millenia is now melting each summer has to be a concern.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones