I think I gone and done something stupid (rooting related)Support

Last Updated:

1. Seamus Orion

Seamus Orion Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 18, 2010

My phone freaked out, started opening apps on its own, screen sliding back and forth, then the middle of the screen went dead, was no longer touch sensitive. Called Verizon, no questions asked, they are sending me a replacement. Well, I wanted to see if I could get my phone working in the 4-5 days it will take to receive my replacement. I thought I would factory reset it, but then thought, hey, I'll try out rooting it since I'm not worried about messing anything up. I did it, it worked, but still had the same issue with the screen, figured its a hardware issue. However, after a couple of hours it started working flawlessly, been working fine for two days now. What I am worried about though, is, I wasnt thinking about voiding my warranty by rooting. If they get my old phone back and find that it was rooted, will they charge me for the replacement since my warranty was voided? :(

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I do not know what phone you are using, but if I were you I would simply reflash it with a stock ROM. That will remove the root.