I think I got a faulty phone

Last Updated:

1. sneaker4404

sneaker4404 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 4, 2010
    Well, so far, I am not having a very good time of it.

I got my phone 5 hours late because Radio Shack could not get Sprint to pick up the phone to activate it (thankfully I didn't have to wait the entire time).

I got it to work, got good 4G coverage, and started my Wifi Hotpot. As soon as my computer connects, the 4G symbol dissappears, and the 4G wifi symbol goes to 3G. Doing speedtest.net on the phone without the wifi hotspot on (so in 4G mode) shows 2MB down, 1MB up. Not Good. This is downtown Houston, TX.

I got home. I know I am close to a WiMax tower because I went to a sprint store about 400 yards from my house and they showed me the big Wimax box they have on the wall in the back that acts as a 4G tower. I get no 4G at home at all.

Then, I was out and about today, and figured I would take a picture of my son. I get a picture taken, and the phone seems to hang. I shove it back in my pocket and look at it 30 minutes later, and it's back responding. I try another picture... the phone hangs while trying to adjust the settings (no pictures taken).

Now, I think the touchscreen is going. The phone just doesn't respond to touches... or brings up applications and enters keystrokes I don't think were initiated by me.

I've taken the battery out already 4 times today.

Bah! Must have got a dud.

2. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    You might try a hard reset to see if that helps.

How to perform a hard reset

It's gonna wipe anything you put on the phone already and restore it to the factory state, but since it's so new, maybe you don't have much on it yet.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    My advice, do a hard reset! Get it workin, then wait for the second shipment. The first round always has some duds