• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I think I have lost stereo sound

Pointguard1122

Aug 15, 2010
Denver, CO
I have no idea how this happened. I have a rooted 2.2 and it has been flawless until I noticed today that I am barely getting any sound out of one channel. I have tried multiple headsets and multiple sources (Slacker, Pandora, Audible, ect) One channel is barely noticable. Is there a setting someplace? Has anyone else come across this? I do not want to return the phone since it is just about perfect and I dont want to mess with SBF. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SO I might have a really tough decision now. Amazon is going to overnight me a new DX as soon as they are in stock. The problem is, it is MOST LIKELY going to be preloaded with 2.2. This means I will be stuck with the new bootloader. I don't want to be without stereo sound, but I also don't want a locked down phone. I might try to SBF my current phone to see if something went wrong software related. Otherwise I have to make a tough decision.

I guess I will go ahead and refloat the question, does anyone know what might be causing low volume from the left channel? this happens is all audio apps. Slacker, Pandora, Music player, Audible, ect. It is definately a second channel because I can hear different sound than the Right, it is JUST REALLY QUIET!! Any ideas?? Anyone else have this issue?

When I updated to 2.2 I used Koush's file. I DID NOT move the su file to keep root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones