I think I have rooted my phone....

Last Updated:

1. Lefty2Gunz

Lefty2Gunz New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys I am new to Android and rooting. I have a Galaxy S and love it! I didn't even know what rooting was. I just came across it after looking for ways to make my phone faster. After a while I realised my phone speed slowed down and was looking for the reason behind it. That's when I learned rooting is the answer.

So I used the One Click method and everything is fine so far. My Kernel is 2.6.29 root@SE-S602 #2 and Baseband is XXJF3 (2.1). So I went into my apps and saw the superuser permission app. But it doesn't work! It is just a blacked out screen. So I'm am not sure where to go from here. I have tried searching for an answer but couldn't find one, just guides how to root.

How to make my phone faster from this point? Can someone point in the right direction? I get confused with all these ROM things!! Which is the best ROM? MoDaCo? Is there a Froyo version of it?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Download the busybox app from the market place. Run it, and it should ask you for root user permissions. (While we are at it, might as well press the install button to download lastest verson of busy box. The app from the market is only an installer.) After that, super user should work.