• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I killed my phone; please help ASAP!!

I'm running myn's warm 2.2 RLS 5 with the aggresive netarchy kernel but wanted to revert to the RLS3 kernel, for it had the best battery life for my device. Went to reboot, and the phone won't move past the white HTC EVO 4G screen. I rebooted in hboot and tried wiping all the data on the phone but to no avail, it's still stuck on the white screen. Can this be resolved or am I screwed?

Can you get to recovery from hboot? Generally if you can get to hboot you are fine. Also what you can try if you can get to recovery, which you should be able to, download the same kernel just with the less aggressive HAVS. Then move it to your phone by mounting the phone as a disk drive from recovery, then try flashing that kernel.

Upvote 0
But now I have a new problem; the phone is not holding a charge. Any suggestions?

woops didn't see this. I don't know know if you have seen the stuff about more aggressive and less aggressive HAVS but if you see any more problems such as random reboots or anything not normal should probably flash the same kernel but with less aggressive HAVS. Some phones are sensitive to the more aggressive HAVS.

Upvote 0
woops didn't see this. I don't know know if you have seen the stuff about more aggressive and less aggressive HAVS but if you see any more problems such as random reboots or anything not normal should probably flash the same kernel but with less aggressive HAVS. Some phones are sensitive to the more aggressive HAVS.

I'll do some research and apply the necessary results. Thanks for all your help thus far.

Upvote 0
Did you actually flash the RLS3 kernel (that, being HTC #10) or did you just get stuck at the splash screen on a normal reboot? They are two completely different issues, and I'm curious as to what you did and what you did to fix your issue. If you *did* flash that kernel (where did you get it from, anyway?) it would never work. New radios with an older kernel like that will almost invariably not boot up. If it was just on a normal reboot, and you sill had netarchy, which netarchy kernel was it, and what did you ultimately do to fix it? There are a few things I would have recommended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones