I think I may have deleted some critical files...

Last Updated:

1. Azul111

Azul111 New Member This Topic's Starter

I had my Flipside rooted and was then deleting some of the bloatware apps with Titanium Backup, but I think I may have accidentally deleted some critical apps. Moreover, I neglected to do a full backup of the system. I get the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" error systematically, and whenever I try to access my text messages I get a "com.motorola.blur.conversations has stopped" error.

I did a factory reset and the errors were still popping up. However after the reset, I got back the 'Universal Inbox" app which works for receiving, sending and replying to text messages, but the "Text Messaging" app still is nonfunctional. I also can't download anything from the market. Everything else on the phone seems functional though.

I also did a second factory reset (this time going to settings>privacy>factory data reset) to see if that would help but it did not. I still have all my data from the SD card from when I started.

Is there a way I can find what files I am missing and how can I replace them?

Advertisement
  2. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

Did you back them off before you deleted them? If not you need to get a list of what you deleted and get the apks for them. Next time click freeze instead of delete.

3. Azul111

I had only backed up some apps, and the ones I have backed up are not important. I'm usually a lot more careful with these sorts of things... Also, I never recorded which apps I had deleted. Also, I cannot restore any of the apps I had backed up because I cannot enable the "Allow unknown sources". I ran OneSuperClick's 'Allow non market apps' function, and it reports that it is enabled, however my phone still says that it won't allow unknown sources. I did manage to get a terminal emulator and titanium backup (obviousally) reinstalled by finding the .apks online and using a sideloader.

Is there some sort of default recovery image that I can find somewhere that has all the necessary files? I've tried looking around but no luck so far.

4. Azul111

I had only backed up some apps, and the ones I have backed up are not important. I'm usually a lot more careful with these sorts of things... Also, I never recorded which apps I had deleted. Also, I cannot restore any of the apps I had backed up because I cannot enable the "Allow unknown sources". I ran OneSuperClick's 'Allow non market apps' function, and it reports that it is enabled, however my phone still says that it won't allow unknown sources. I did manage to get a terminal emulator and titanium backup (obviously) reinstalled by finding the .apks online and using a sideloader.

Is there some sort of default recovery image that I can find somewhere that has all the necessary files? I've tried looking around but no luck so far.

5. Azul111

I was able to find a stock rom for flipside, so I just flashed it and now it's working perfectly.

6. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I visited, and you did what I was going to suggest. Glad you got your phone working.

7. ckjurk

ckjurk New Member

Where did you find this stock rom and how do you flash it?

CTFuller likes this.
  8. CoolPhoneMan

CoolPhoneMan Member

Also interested in any roms avalible for the flipaide i cant beleave the Huawei Ascend is more popular than this I own both and the Ascend is JUNK dont get me wrong its a good phone to learn the basics but the hardware is less than desireable