i think i messed up

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone and was so excited to finally figure it out, that I flashed freshrom1.1 and gumbokernal before I did a nandroid backup. I know I should have made one immediately THEN flashed them.

Where does this leave me when fresh gets updated for 2.1? :(

Advertisement
  2. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

No Problem!
    If you have rooted then you can do anything with your phone. If you want you can go back to official HTC ROM or flash any custom ROMs available for HERO regardless of any version/release.

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I suppose my question is, could i flash another ROM over my existing one? Something I'm not clear on is compatibility...I know I can have both fresh and gumbo, but get the impression that if I wanted cyanogen I would need to revert to pre-fresh status. I suppose my worry is that I need to return to a state without freshrom1.1 to add on the new one, or any new one. Its confusing to me.

4. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

You can flash any ROM on top of anything via recovery... provided most of the DEVs suggest to go for a complete wipe before flashing. This will clearly be indicated it in the ROMs' release page. That is all...
    As far as I know none of the ROMs that exist would recommend us to move any particular previous state in-order to flash it.
    EVEN if they say, it is pretty much possible for us to run the official HTC RUU and bring back our phone to "pre-root" condition (stock ROM). This step will rewrite all our custom hBoot, Recovery etc... with official one. From here on we need to root our phone again and continue...

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator