1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

i think im screwed

1. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

so i put the leaked ota on my phone from a month or so back... Then, I wanted to put the official 2.2 ota on the phone manually. So i read that i have to root first, then i can revert to stock 2.1, then apply the new 2.2 ota. I rooted and got to the clockworkmod recovery menu. Here is where the problem is.

My optical joystick does not work after I went jetskiing with my phone. So I cant select anything from that menu. I can pull the battery and let it boot up to the regular home screen with sense.

so now what?

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Volume/power buttons still work in clockwork.
  3. DarbagDarbag

volume and power buttons still work yes, but i cant select anything with the power button, its only the optical pad isnt it?
  4. DizkoDan

You should be able o use the volume buttons to navigate and power to select in clockwork. I just tested this and it does work on my DInc.
  5. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

for me, power goes to previous screen in clockwork
  6. SLOflatlander

SLOflatlander Member

the power button is select in hboot, so you can still load the pb21img.zip if you are willing to go that route
  7. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

PB31IMG , and if i remember the power button selects only for hboot, but for clockworkmod it goes to the previous page.
  8. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Correct. To the OP, yep you might be screwed.
  9. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

call verizon and ask for a replacement.

reason: the optical joystick stopped working for NO REASON.

ps: unroot and s-on before sending it back.
  10. DizkoDan

I must just have a more incredible incredible than you. Cuz the power button does work for me in clockwork. And their documentation says it should to:

Full Update Guide - HTC Incredible - CyanogenMod Wiki

11. DarbagDarbag

12. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Thats correct. The power button acts as the "back" button until your back to the main recovery screen and then it toggles the screen on/off. It has been that way for some time now.
  13. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

I didn't realize you made mod, GrandMaster! Congrats! Well deserved, I have had nothing but respect for you and your posts.
    GrandMasterB likes this.