!!!!!!i think im truely bricked!!!!<---------------------------------------

Last Updated:

1. ceredics

ceredics Well-Known Member

So heres my story, ive researched rooting the Evo for a month and a half and finally took the leap to do it. I was successful and began flashing roms and backing things up and really expanding my knowledge. 1 day i was beginning to flash a new rom (myn warm 2.2) i was already in cm7. I had backed up the stock regular sense and the cm7. So before flashing rom manager asked me to wipe data and backup....... i just did wipe data. I DID NOT KNOW it was going to wipe my back ups!!!!! so it failed to flash and could not find myns 2.2 then it couldnt find the stock but it found cm7. That was weird. so it starting booting BUT it was stuck in a boot loop. i removed the battery :( aka i ****ed up. since then i have no recovery to go into no rom just stuck at "HTC EVO 4G". i was using rom manager and i had the new evo with 2.2 already installed and all the lastest softwares and hardwares it came with. I dont know what to do with it anymore or how to fix it. i need someone truly smart to help me!!! I pray someone replies soon!!! please please help me androidforums people!

Advertisement
  2. darkworld260

darkworld260 Well-Known Member

ok can you go into the bootloader by holding power button + volume down? If you can go down and select recovery and what happens when you do that?
    ceredics likes this.
  3. ceredics

Thank you so much man for replying!! yes it lets me do all of that. when i hold down volume+power it starts up and starts trying to do some type of update. it always fails. after that i went into bootloader but it just has the phone with that red triangle man. damn.
  4. darkworld260

ok go back into boot loader and does it say S-off or S-on? And the red triangle means you have a broken recovery and can be fixed in a couple of steps.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

easy fixins
  6. ceredics

Hold on my friend here wants to type<-- chris
    ok im not sure which way the s is supposed to be but its off i know that i tried putting some roms on here but its not accepting them. im believing its beacause the phone is too new and the radios dont match up or something like that. i dont know im about as new as chris is. okay so broken recovery is what its called. okay keep going. again thanks man.
  7. ceredics

so you know what to do too? it just has nothing to boot into i guess i dont know im lost.
  8. darkworld260

what are your radios? and whats your Hboot? sprint hasnt released and update yet that cant be rooted.. Also download a recovery and put it onto the root of your SD card RA recovery can be found here [Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers the instructions are located that post on how to install the recovery through the boot loader.
  9. ceredics

I dont know the radios but the hboot is 2.02. and yea your right.. okay after i dowload all that and get the recovery back how do i get the roms back? will the recovery let me back into flashing a rom so that then ill be fixed?
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

11. darkworld260

You have download the roms they can be found here
    EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers
    or here
    HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

you cant use rom manager with the RA recovery but if you download rom manager it will ask you if you want to clockworkmod recovery and you can do it if you want. Just know that backups cant be used with other recoverys for example if you make a backup in RA then you cant use it in clockworkmod recovery. I personally dont like rom manager because i have had issues with it but its up to you if you want to continue using it do you know how to use the recovery for like flashing roms?
  12. ceredics

You guys here are geniuses seriously. okay ill try all this and hopefully itll work. but i keep hearing that the radios wont downgrade or something i dont know what the tech guy was saying. i took it in to a store and he said something that it was denying him also like it was denying me. something like "the radios wont match up or downgrade" blah blah. do you know what im talking about?
  13. ceredics

Okay darkworld260, yea i do understand that. i dont think ill ever use rom manager again really after that little mess up. but yea i can flash roms. go into recovery and find the zip rom on the sd card and then load it. is that right? or is it different on ra?
  14. darkworld260

whats your radio version it says it in the bootloader
    It should look like something like this:
    Hboot - 2.10.0001
    Touch Panel...
    Radio - (this number is your radio version)

Also did you take it into sprint while it was rooted?
  15. darkworld260

Also for RA make sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. before installing a new rom.

then use calkulin's format all to make sure it is a clean wipe. here it is Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL.zip. some might suggest you do it multiple times, but i do it once and never had any issues. Just flash the calkulins format all and it will format everything again to make sure nothing is left before you flash a new rom!
  16. ceredics

and hell no. i have a couple friends in cellular stores that do this stuff.
    but all were baffled on how to do this.
    if i take it to sprint rooted what will they do? cancel my account?
  17. ceredics

Okay, wipe it all then flash that link. deal! can i do a stock rom then unroot? ill follow an unroot thread but just saying lol
  18. ceredics

Ill be back here tomorrow to update you and we can go from there. THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!! BIG HELP HERE ON THESE FORUMS!!!!!
  19. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

You don't need to unroot if you don't want to. If you have s-off, then the rest is fixable without unrooting and rerooting your phone. Your decision but either way you need to flash a recovery first. Once you have a recovery, you can follow the directions to unroot or download and flash the radio update and a rom of your choice
  20. ceredics

Okay thanks a lot guys. one more thing, where can i find the official rom i started with? i want to flash that then unroot. have to go back to sprint to get it replaced, not charging well anymore (have to twist the cord around and stuff) :/
  21. Xtremedays

You can find the files and steps to unroot in the Rooting for Dummies guide. You will need to download and flash the s-on tool then download and rename the PC36IMG file for your hboot to PC36IMG exactly and place it on the root of your sdcard(top level, not in a folder). Reboot to hboot. It will scan for the file, tell it to flash it. You should be back to "out of the box" condition at that point. If you are taking it in, I would transfer your files off your sdcard and format the card so there is no evidence of rooting.
    ceredics likes this.
  22. ceredics

--->Does it matter what rom im in when im unrooting? should i get the stock rom then unroot? <--------------------------and yea im going to format it totally when i fix it. and do a factory reset also so its a clean phone. Ive got a lot of work to do.
  23. ceredics

Look at the rest of the thread @xtreme..... at the top we were talking about the "s" being on or off. when i go into boot loader do i need to turn it on or off or whats with that?
  24. Xtremedays

I doesn't matter what you have in your phone when you do the unrooting process. The first step turns on the security on your phone(the s-on tool). The second step restores everything on your phone that was on it when it was brand new(the PC36IMG file for your hboot version).
  25. ceredics

yea i believe i can find all that on xda... all the files for the hboots and all that. i hope i can find them. and okay i understand that a little better then. The PC36IMG file is the thing thatll geet me back to stock?