1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

i think it's rooted

1. JeremyK86

JeremyK86 New Member

hey guys,
    i'm new to this forum and new to rooting, i've tried to do a lot of reading but some of it still confuses me. I rooted my g2x and have superuser, i'm just kind of wondering what to do next. I would like to remove some of the bloatware, but it says i can't delete those files. i have android 2.2.2 (what does that mean?) and a really long description for the baseband. i was wondering what all this mean. thanks for the help!
    i def have a lot of questions and i've found it's easier to ask then to try to figure it out on my own, thanks guys

Advertisement
    :
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Now that you have root, download SystemApk Manager from the Market. I haven't tried it, but it claims that you can remove system apps once you have root. Be careful, because one wrong app removed and you risk an unstable phone.

Android 2.2.2 is just the version of the OS. Your version is more broadly known as FroYo.
  3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Now that you have root, download SystemApk Manager from the Market. I haven't tried it, but it claims that you can remove system apps once you have root. Be careful, because one wrong app removed and you risk an unstable phone.

Android 2.2.2 is just the version of the OS. Your version is more broadly known as FroYo.
  4. JeremyK86

JeremyK86 New Member

ok thank you for the response. i'm also using Rom Manager and backed up my original rom, as long as i have that backed up, i can flash new ones and not have to worry right?
  5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Yeah, that should work.
  6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Root Explorer is what I use...