I think metro pcs is the best place to get gs3

1. mannyfbaby

mannyfbaby Active Member

despite the 500 dollar bill... we get unlimited everything for lower prices the network is fast as hell .....and even if metro dosnt give us updates...the community will ;)

Advertisement
    :
    2012HereforNow and mike28 like this.
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

1+:thumbup:
  3. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing our same interest :) i have placed your thread in the proper subforum.
    mike28 likes this.
  4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Personally I think Ting is the best place to buy a Galaxy S3 (or even a Galaxy Note II) but that is because the Ting is cheaper given the amounts my wife and I use of the service.

If we used more mobile data we definately would have stayed with MetroPCS and bought Galaxy S3's the moment they came out.
  5. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

how much is monthly plans on ting?
  6. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Ting actually is cheaper if you don't use that much data or make that many calls or texts. I think you can dumb it down enough to pay $25 a month.
  7. 05TRAILBLAZER

05TRAILBLAZER Well-Known Member

I love metro for what it is.
  8. stuntiNIN0

stuntiNIN0 Well-Known Member

i love Metro for giving me sh*t speeds here in south florida,
    oh wait i actually dont love metro, specially after the purchase of a $550 s3, all in 'hopes' for better spectrum.
    for those of you with good speeds you're definitely making it,
    for those of us in horrible speed areas such as south florida where you get 1.5mbps anywhere,ALWAYS(4mbps record breaking), lets just say not too blown away
  9. 05TRAILBLAZER

Yea sucks not to have 4g the phone is merely uuseless. :eek:
  10. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Don't just say South Florida, SFL has 3 counties with like 6 million people & is 100 miles North - South, 50 miles East - West(5000 sq miles) So your generalizing a pretty large area. In West Palm Beach I get 7-12mbps, someone in Ft. Lauderdale got 11, seen higher than 8 in Miami.

What's the actual city your in?
  11. Gman9831

S3 doesn't have access to different spectrum
  12. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

IN DUE TIME METRO 4G LTE INTERNET WILL SUGE THROUGH THE ROOF WHEN WE ARE FINALLY BACKED UP BY t Mobile
  13. Gman9831

S3's speed will be maxed out @73mbps so you wouldn't even be able to milk the full speeds out the network next year
  14. Krew

Krew Well-Known Member

I get bad speeds, VERY bad speeds. I never really get even close to 1 Mbps at all.

The highest I ever got was 2.22 in the time I had the phone, and I don't know how I got that...

I live in the L.A county area, I would think that would be a good place for fast speed. Is there anything I can do to make it go any faster? I really want high speeds. I can barely watch YouTube videos and navigate the Play Store.
  15. Gman9831

Not much you can do to speed it up. Just take the pain for a couple more months and it'll all be better.
    But with LA, Low spectrum holding+mostly dense population=Slow Speeds
  16. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Sucks that you get those speeds but you gotta look before you leap. Go to the stores and try running some speed tests on the demos or asking others what the speeds are like around your way. It's all about location.
  17. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Ting's plans are not quite pay as you go. Basically you pick an individual allotment for Min/Text/Data. So for instance for my wife and I we have the following:

1000 min for $18
    1000 txt for $5
    500 MB for $13

but we could have

100 min for $3
    4000 text for $11
    1000 MB for $24

There is also a $6 per device activation fee, and taxes and fees.

What is particularly nice about Ting is they only charge for the allotment you that you actually use. If you fall into an allotment that is less than what you selected for a month they will refund you the difference. Conversely if you have a heavier than anticipated they will charge you the difference. You can actually select 0/0/0 for your plans and just pay each month what you fall into.

Anyway Ting is a good option for light to moderate usage and flexible to accomodate for what you use. My wife and I cut our MetroPCS bill of $90 to $55 on Ting using the plan above. We could have a plan that has 2000min/1000txt/2000MB and it would only be about $10 more than what we were paying on MetroPCS. Granted any higher on a regular basis and MetroPCS makes more sense.

One last thing to know about Ting is they run over the Sprint network (voice and text roam on Verizon for free) and is one of the few (maybe only) MVNO's with access to Sprint's LTE (if it is in your area).

Anyway if anyone decides to switch to Ting, send me a PM - I'll send you a link that you will get you $25 off your phone or service with Ting (and me a $25 credit :-D )
  18. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

*gasp* Sprint?! (Insert creepy scream here) No thanks, I'm good 0.o
  19. 05TRAILBLAZER

By any chance did both of u activate the phone by dialing *228?
  20. Krew

Krew Well-Known Member

I actually bought the phone in-store, they activated it for me as they are required to.

I don't know exactly what they did, but the woman controlling the phone had absolutely no idea how to use the phone. She nearly broke the back cover... I also don't like it how they open it, I think I'll buy online next time. Haha.
  21. 05TRAILBLAZER

Oh I see well. Just wondering because most of the time the sim card wont register on ur acc so therefore u wont receive true 4G speeds. (When dialing *228)
  22. Gman9831

If that happened a 4G icon wouldn't even pop up
  23. 05TRAILBLAZER

In my cases and other cases it still did, but just wasn't fast.
  24. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

When my SIM wasn't activated my Motion did not display the 4G symbol.
  25. Gman9831

If you don't have your 4G sim activated there's no way whatsoever you can get 4G because the network won't authorize you