I think my Droid's wifi is defective.Support

Last Updated:

1. billd

billd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried it with several routers and access points. I've check and rechecked my shared keys. Most of time with most router/AP's I get a connection, but if I try to actually do anything, the connection craps out.

The Netgear at work is a "connect but die if you try to do anything" scenario. The Netgear works fine for everybody else, including several iPhones. I even tried my PSP on it and it worked fine.

I've tried a few open access points I've found, and it's more "connect but die if you try to do anything" problems.

The one exception is a Cisco WAP2000, which works perfectly with my Droid.

I had a Linksys before the Cisco, that sort of worked, and I could use it for a while before it would die.

Is it time to give up, take it in and exchange it for another Droid?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I'd probably normally say yes, however it is odd that it is actually working with the Cisco without problems - Can you access logs and see if there is a massive connection drop / high number of error packets going through that device when you're connected to it?

Mine connects and uses my router at home as well as a router I know of at school. However, my home router reports a lot of dropped connections *and* numerous error packets. I cannot say about the one at work since I don't have administrative access to it (just happen to know the WPA key).

What is the manufacture code (week/month, for example mine is 4209, meaning week 42 of 2009) is your model?