i think my Evo is dead (wont power on)Support

Last Updated:

1. bc_co

bc_co Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on a business trip, charging battery at lunch when I grab my phone its powered itself off and it won't turn on. There is a thunderstorm in the area at the time so I'm wondering if i had a power surge of sorts.

I've popped the battery out and back in - but my Evo will not power on. Of course the best-buys in the wdc area are out of Evos so I can't pick up a replacement.

Anyone have any ideas? Thx in advance.......

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

ONly thing I can think of is call Sprint or if there is a Sprint retail store near you go in and get it swapped out for defect, should still be within 30 days also if anything. If you bought it a another retail store like Best Buy take it back there asap.

3. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Active Member

Try going into Best Buy or your sprint store and ask for a replacement battery. Some guy in another thread, had let his battery go dead on him and it wouldnt boot back up. He went to radio shack told them what happened they gave him a new battery and it loaded right up. Try it out.

4. tecniko

tecniko New Member

Hello. About this Evo thing not powering on. Its happening a lot this last month and its the battery not the handset. All I know so far there is one thing common. Letting the battery run out completly.

I'm one of the guys who repair them. If I found something else about it ill let you know.