i think my htc hero is broke :-( please help!

Last Updated:

1. darkdsk

darkdsk New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys i've registered on this forum because i need you advice and information on my phones problem

basically my phone was being very slow yesterday when i would try to unlock it and after a while it went dead, and then when i tried to turn the power on it comes up with this information.

HERO CVT SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT - 1.76.0007 (HERO10000)
    MICROP-010f
    TOUCH PANEL -SYN0104
    RADIO-6.35.00.29
    AUG 4 2009 19:43:30

HBOOT (thats in a blue box)

<Back> Fastboot Mode
    <send> Simlock

this has 3 android figures on skateboards at the bottom.

now i've tried doing my own research about this fastboot and google came up with rooting the phone and unlocking it, i will now state that i have not even attempted to root my phone.

i dont what to do, i try pressing the back button but nothing happens, i press send button and it locks sim which i can exit by using the back button, i try and take the battery out and put it back in but it comes up with the same information again, like there is no image on my phone :S

i am stumped, please help me!

Danny

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Normally, if people are stuck on that screen, it will have some sort of error message. Like 'TOUCH PANEL -FAIL' is one I've heard of before. So it's unusual you don't get anything like that.

You say that you can't push down the back button; do you think it might be stuck down/broken? Because it just so happens the way to boot into fastboot mode is to hold back + power.

3. darkdsk

darkdsk New Member This Topic's Starter

nope the back button is completely fine, its not stuck or anything, i dont know what is wrong

4. speedygonzalez

speedygonzalez New Member

Weird really, that's the screen you get when you flash the phone!? try holding the power and home key and re-booting that way.