• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think my Phone just brick?

It's not bricked at all, don't worry.

If it's showing the Rubix, it's already past the initial bootloader, your ROM is probably just corrupted.

Did you bootstrap your recovery already? If so, just do a battery pull, put it back, and it will boot into recovery. From their you can reinstall your rom or a system wipe could also solve the problem.

If you haven't bootstrapped yet, you could also try this Boot your Motorola Droid X into recovery mode.

Worst to worst, you'll need to use the SBF file. There's a lot of threads here about that but try the options above first. You should be able to just reinstall your ROM.

Upvote 0
Yes it will take a while (up to 10 minutes I hear although mine took less than 2) but if it is bootlopping (i.e. starting over again and again) then it is definitely not work.

Give it some time. If it doesn't work trying holding home while pressing the power button when turning your X on and seeing if you can get into recovery mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones