I think my refurb nightmare is over.General

Last Updated:

1. MarkyD

MarkyD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my original Incredible on launch day as a pre-order at Best Buy. The phone was good, but the pink hue was very severe. I'm pretty picky, but it really bothered me. So, I figured I'd get VZW to swap it out. I received my first refurb phone after hunting it down, as FedEx left it at a neighbor's house without leaving me a notice. This phone got extremely hot to the touch, and could not run Google Maps Navigation for more than 5 minutes without the phone rebooting.

Second refurb was even worse. Screen gap issues, pink hue, SD card (tried multiple) would not stay mounted...then the earpiece speaker stopped working. Awesome. Verizon PROMISED to overnight another refurb. This was on a Friday. So, I was going the whole weekend with a screwed up phone, having to use bluetooth or speakerphone every time I got a call. "mobile network" data also kept disabling itself. Keep in mind, this was after a complete wipe...issues persisted.

Anyway, they promised overnight...sent it 2 day instead. even though it was in my city on Saturday, they refused to deliver it until Tuesday because
    "verizon only paid for 2 day." This came from Ft. Worth to OKC. Give me a break.

Anyway, I was told it would be a refurb...but it came packaged differently than the other refurbs. Didn't say "certified replacement" or have the remanufacture date in the back. It did come with a battery cover, but nothing else. It came directly from Verizon instead of New Breed. It appears to be a brand new unit...and FINALLY, I have a flawless Incredible. This phone kicks so much ass. The only thing that can make it better is a fully working Froyo build!!!

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Wow man, that's SICK congrats. You gotta kick and pull sometimes with Verizon, but sooner or later it will usually pay off.

3. tehknics

tehknics Active Member

Dang that's quite the story! Glad to see you stuck with the Incredible even after all of those problems ;)

It also makes me appreciate that mine worked right from the get go :D

4. lg4420

lg4420 Well-Known Member

I too had a refurb nightmare, went from 4 eris' to the incred and vzw only sent me the phone, no battery or cover, after mult calls and lots of credits i now have 2 chargers, car charger, reg batt, ext batt, and 2 batt covers, as well as a much better phone. It was a nightmare, but turned out ok in the end, finally.