I think something is going very, very wrong

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

My Desire is beginning to annoy me, it just doesn't seem to want to work! My signal is full but when I try and make a call it just beeps and cancels the call. I keep getting texts from Orange saying people are trying to call me but I never get calls. Texts keep failing too.

Oh and I've tried switching off everything (Plane mode) but that does nothing, and when I restart the device it asks me to set the time when it turns back on??

Something is going very wrong and it's really beginning to p**s me off. I'm currently running a completely stock Desire on Orange with all the branding intact. I might flash it with a generic ROM anyway but I want to try a Froyo release as they look pretty nice!

Any suggestions!?

Advertisement
  2. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

perhaps swap it out under warranty as is sounds like your handset may be faulty.

3. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

One thing that was catching me out was if the desire took a number from facebook it would start 44, which makes the number invalid, as i should either be +44 or 0 beginning. This problem would cause the phone call to fail.

4. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Seems like a defective device.. you should get it replaced.

5. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No it happens on all call, not just ones from facebook.

It seems to be quite temperamental though, sometimes it will work OK. I might just take it into the shop and get another one!

6. hainman

hainman Well-Known Member

hi.mine does the call thing aswell,shows full reception but when i call it cancels the call but its generally if ive had it in my pocket in a shop so im assuming its not had reception and its just gettin signal as im trying to call because after a few minutes it makes the call ok,

7. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

Hi

I have this problem from time to time. Try going settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/network mode and puitting to GSM Only. Wait 1 minute then try to make a call and you should find that it works. If this solves the problem, contact Orange and work out when they will be fixing the issue.

It's not the handset, it's the shite network!!!