• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I thought this was cool...Task Warning?

kenyu73

Oct 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
I unlocked my phone and I had a message; something in the nature of this:

"Google Voice has been running for 45 minutes and is consuming battery power. Would you like to end this task? "

Has anyone seen this? Has it been causing issues or outright annoying (think Windows Vista, haha)

I unlocked my phone and I had a message; something in the nature of this:

"Google Voice has been running for 45 minutes and is consuming battery power. Would you like to end this task? "

Has anyone seen this? Has it been causing issues or outright annoying (think Windows Vista, haha)

I saw that with the Facebook app but I ended up resetting the phone because after that Facebook was not updating.

Upvote 0
It's weird because there is not even a reason to kill any tasks in higher android versions. Must be an ancient blur thing from days when Motorola phones were running android 1.6 ;-)

providing all those tasks are running as they should, that is mostly correct. However, if a task is stuck in a loop and either sucking CPU, or data, you'll want to end that thing. A friend fired up filxster, went back to home, handed me the phone back and flixster proceeded to suck about 20% out of my battery before I ended its misery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones