• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i tried google first but...

gingerbread doesn't have requirements. those were suggestions (if the rumor from that guy is even true at all). the initial translation from russian was wrong. it will be on the evo

Exactly. His assertion was that Gingerbread would support 700+ line displays - not require them.

Wasteland - trust me, those rumors have been highly debunked and have become largely self-referential with various blogsters, pundits and people claiming to be reporters all actually citing each other.

It all started with one article that was SEVERELY misquoted.

As for waiting for 2.2 before we starting talking about Gingerbread - srsly? You seriously want people to show patience?

laughing-calvin.jpg

j/k

Upvote 0
Why is it that people use ellipses (...) in titles instead of complete sentences to convey their questions? It's been becoming much more common and much more annoying. I know some will flame me for my opinions but...

your really going to make me do this, ok here it goes...

"There is no grey area here. We have not appointed "grammar police." Nor have we ever asked any of you to be rude to people who haven't searched first. We welcome EVERYONE to this forum. We don't care if their grammar isn't perfect , we don't "require" people to search first before they post a question. Replying to a thread by saying "use the search" is just as bad or worse than not searching first. Either reply to a thread with a helpful solution or don't reply at all."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones