I tried to root but the program wouldn't work

Last Updated:

1. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know what I was doing wrong. I d/l unrevoked3.2 plugged my phone in, did the usb debugging thing and turned it off then turned on. It didn't do a thing.

Using Ubuntu/Kubuntu 10.4 lucid

Guess it wasn't in the cards.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

If you are usimg ubuntu, dont quote me, and your best bet is to check over on xda, I think you can only root with adb shell in the android sdk package

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I was under the impression that unrevoked was a windows utility you run from a PC that transfers the necessary files to your phone and then runs the rooting procedure. At least that's how the old unrevoked3 worked.

If you're running linux, I don't think you can use unrevoked (could be wrong though). Best thing to do is wait until unrevoked3.2 is officially out. At that point, their wiki page will be updated with more info. And worst case, you can contact the authors of the tool to see if there's an alternative for linux users.

If not, then you will need to find a manual root process using adb. But if you're used to linux and working at the command line, adb will seem like child's play.