I used task killer to kill FM radio - now it crashes on openingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I thought I would try out the Advanced Task Killer app to kill apps I am not using. I had previously been listening to the FM radio with no problem, but was done with it. So I let the killer kill it.

Now - when I run FM radio again, it goes through the "FM turning on....." phase, then the app just goes away back to the home screen.

While I am not 100% sure these are tied together, I assume it is. Any idea how I can get FM radio working again?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Have you tried restarting the phone?

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

go to settings>applications>task killer>delete

4. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

I don't know why people are using task killers, it causes more problems than it fixes.

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Powercycle the phone.

6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

LOL. There have been heated debates about this. I agree with you though.

Your Incredible has 512mb of RAM for god's sake! My Droid has half as much and I never use task killers.

I suppose with your device it is more about battery life though.

7. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Yea just let Android take care of it, task killers end up using more battery just to run and kill task that end up restarting anyway because of another program. Your battery life will get better once you stop using it so much. Right now many of us cant put it down.

8. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Everyone! I restarted the phone and FM radio works now.

Also took everyones advice and deleted the task killer app. I downloaded it because I had read some article that it was one of those cool apps you had to have.

Thanks again!

9. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Very true, it almost begs the question of "if a task manager was necessary, why didn't HTC/Moto/Google provide one".

10. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

What would be great is if at least developers of third party apps write there apps to perform like the Skyfire browser. While in the browser the back button performs just like in any other program and takes you back but if you press and hold the back button for a few seconds in brings up and option to actually exit the program.

11. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

If you are going to use the Task Killer, I suggest rebooting the phone and not doing anything for a couple of minutes. Then going into the Task Killer program and added every program that started up to the "Ignore" list. There's probably a reason these came up on bootup. While it may not be required, it's better than accidentally closing an application that needs to stay open.

Although as others have said, I think I'm going to shut off the task killer for a while and see what happens. I'm just so used to having to kill apps on my BlackBerry. :)

12. Mr. Spontaneous

Mr. Spontaneous Well-Known Member

+1. That's an action that I'm having a hard time adjusting to coming from a BB.

13. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Agreed. Im so used to the BB and having to hold Back to close stuff that I end up going from that, to just tapping "back" to get back "home". Then after i do that i shake my head because i could have just easily pressed the "home" button to perform the action i just mimicked lol.

Oh blackberry, how you have harmed my use of "SMART"phones

14. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

Don't use a task killer, this phone has plenty of memory and will manage it well.