• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I wanna see your tattoos!!!

This is what I want next
IMG-20111206-WA0001.jpg

I redrew it from a picture on the web....

That's cool like the whole ying Yang that's going on there

Reactions: LilacBleeds
Upvote 0
this is the same as .. tatting your girlfriend's name on you!
how many people regret that????
I've never regretted getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on me.

True story. My best friend's son (16 years old) wanted a tattoo, and she wouldn't give permission. Not that she didn't want him to have one, but she wanted him to wait til he was 18. Anyway, he found some random kid in his neighborhood with a tattoo gun and gave him $25 and got a tattoo in the kid's kitchen. So many things wrong with that sentence, I can't even begin. And guess what? It LOOKS like a $25 tattoo. My friend is L-I-V-I-D.
I did the same thing when I was 16. Except it was $11 and me and the artist were drunk and stoned. The art is great, just the color is a tad light and has only gotten lighter over time. Some day I'll finish it, there is much I want to add to it, but not cover it. It is actually better quality than the one I paid almost $200 for at a "pro" shop in Saint Louis. (No pics of either of these atm)

My others:
This was my first professional tattoo, I got it in '96:
fett_tat.jpg

This is a recreation of the tattoo you get in Star Wars TIE Fight for completing secret missions for The Emperor with the addition of both of my daughter's names in the Aurekbesh:
finished_tat.jpg

This one is Aleister Crowley's Unicursal Hexigram with my son's name (Aleister) in a Lovecraftian Cthulhu rune:
green_tat.jpg

Upvote 0
Just got it.

My Father wanted a Maori symbol and never got the chance to get one. This is a Manaia, which means guardian. My good friend designed it to work in a band on my forearm. I'm so happy with it. There is more to do yet, but I didn't have time to keep going during our session.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348433651639.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348433651639.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348433664375.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348433664375.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348433676597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348433676597.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Looks like some nice line work. crappy picture cant really tell about the blending and shading

Yeah, he is a good friend and is his shop's go to line work artist. The picture totally sucks, and does the piece no justice. Once it heals I'll try and get some better pics taken with a good camera. The red isn't really red... it's just irritated from the mag he was using.

Upvote 0
Ive had eyebrow peirced for like 16yrs now. Got a lil bar with pointed ends in it justnow. Wrist tattoed, my wee brothers name on my chest with a 4leaf clover (il take a pic once i give the chest an overdue trim lol), and the only tattoo i regret on my wedding finger.. a crappily drawn, badly judged emerald or something lol (never go into a tattoo shop drunk when youre not completely sure what you want) ;)
So now i have to go to jail with a guys name on my chest and a stupid gem stone on my finger lol :D

Upvote 0
I have 3 tats, all can be concealed with normal work attire. I wanted to be sure I didn't place any work opportunities in jeopardy with ink showing. I'm of the belief there shouldn't be any judgement based on appearance, but the real world doesn't work that way unfortunately.

I'll try to get a pic of my back soon and post it up. :)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I am seriously considering getting a new tattoo. Got the perfect pic for it, and the right spot. Which is personal, for now, since it's still only in my head. Last stage now is the search for the right man/woman to make it come true, to create it. I've been asking around, searched the web. Got it all distilled to a couple of places where the artists fit my wishes, they are working sterile and prices are right. Planning to visit three shops this weekend.
Which made me wonder... Do you have any tattoos? Are you willing to show them?

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones