I wanna try a 2.2 rom... but which one?

Last Updated:

1. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Title says it all... I'd like to try a 2.2 rom, but there is quite a selection right here in the roms forum...

I'm looking for the 2.2 that is most stable.

Your thoughts?

Currently I'm root and 2.x radio...

Advertisement
  2. boarder1473

boarder1473 Active Member

andreezy likes this.
  3. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member

My advice is check out the ROM's released by Adrynalyne, and go with a ROM that is from the 2.2 released in august it seems to have less bugs then the one released in july.

It's all about what you want as well, I perfer Sense which is why I got an Incredible so I perfer ROM's with sense instead of vanilla. I recommend checking out the evo test port posted above aka Frankenstein ROM lol

or

Or this one which is also by Adrynalyne

It's just a cleaned up release of the August 2.2 with some of the bug fixes and bloatware removed.

andreezy likes this.
  4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

im using the second wave rom and it seems like its awesome

andreezy likes this.
  5. andreezy

I did start the DL on the second wave...

Next question... Why is there a ton of downloads like ringtones, htc messaging app etc.

My assumption is the rom is missing ringtones and they need pushed, as well as htc messaging app?

Also since it's missing the backup assistant app, does anyone have the 2.2 backup assistant apk that i can push?

I'm officially gonna pull the trigger tonight! After I get enough liquid courage! LOL, more like after I get back from the Pro Football Hall of Fame Ribs Burn off!
    THANKS to ALLL!

6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Liquid courage....rofl :D

Patches are for options. Some folks want other stuff or alternatives to whats there. The ringtones are just fluff, I would never leave you with a ringtone-less rom :D

Yes I have a backup assistant patch. I will post it to the first page of the second wave rom.

andreezy likes this.
  7. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Although adrynalyne does amazing work and responds/supports those who use it (evidence one post above!...), please don't necessarily ignore some of the others ones out there - some people seem to be doing well with jager, skyraider, etc.

Reports on the various forums are all supporting the idea that the august-release based roms are doing well. And if you are looking for a more vanilla style experience, CM6 test 8 is very popular, save for a few kinks.

Play around with a few and get a taste of what each is about, takes only a few minutes to flash, you could have a different rom to match your outfit each day.

andreezy likes this.
  8. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, does backup assistant send your data to remote server? I think so, but just contemplating the choice for BA vs titanium or other backup app.

9. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

It backs it up to a remote verizon site, yeah.

10. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

mybackup pro is pretty damn good.
    don't really like titanium as it messes with system files and you don't have much control over the app restore process. seems like i get a lot more errors with titanium restores.

i hardly have any apps (im still a noob to android) so i really think titanium just isn't that great. that being said i haven't played around with it enough to know for sure.

oh yeah... my favorite 2.2 is the evo port or adryn's first 2.2 tweaked and enhanced.
    I don't like the 8/1 leak version. just too slow.

11. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

So far I've honestly had the most luck with the leaked 2.2 made for Inc though the fastest benchmark is still held by CM6 test 8. Right now I'm running the Evo rom and I have issues with mms and keeping sense from running but I love having the 720p video and 8mp pictures (neither of which are in CM6 - pictures are about 5mp).

12. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

We eventually determined it's the streaming audio fix that messes with quadrant scores. You get about the same linpack scores in either rom.

lafester likes this.
  13. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

well i'm not going by scores... just the overal "snapyness" of the rom lol..
    sliding between screens, opening emails etc.

i have never installed the audio fix and as far as i know it has not been included in any of the roms i have tried.

i do look at the scores but don't really hold them to much real meaning. all the 2.2 roms have scored really well compared to 2.1

14. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've had great luck with the original Froyo leak (7/27). I have no patches installed and have full functionality in all regards. For whatever reason, I have not encountered any of the bugs others have seen. Not sure why, but I won't be flashing another ROM until either the official Froyo is released and made root safe or until CM6 is 100% stable and everything works without patches. If Koush keeps at it, I'll almost certainly end up on CM6 as my final choice.

andreezy likes this.
  15. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member

Yea as stated try and test a bunch of ROM's just make sure you have backups.

CM6 is great if you dont like Sense, but personally I enjoy the look and feel of Sense so it isn't my cup of tea.

Just download a bunch and go through a Saturday of flashing ROMs lol

andreezy likes this.
  16. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Adrynalyn's ROM is hands down the BEST rom out there.

andreezy likes this.
  17. bubbleywine

bubbleywine Well-Known Member

im on the sky raider getting 40mflops and no problems at all just throwin it out there this rom is really good

andreezy likes this.
  18. andreezy

Pulled the trigger on the "second wave" rom. so far so good. update was easy, painless, and fairly quick. Thanks Adrynalyn!

adrynalyne likes this.
  19. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

for adrynalyne's roms you need to flash the 2. radio correct? i had this one time. went back to the first one, cause of the warnings. now to run it im talking, unroot, flash radio, reroot, flash new rom. wont bother doing a new backup cause it wont work with the new radio anyways.. right?

20. andreezy

You are correct about the 2.x radio.

I did a titanium backup, nandroid backup, while I was still on stock 2.1 rom.

Unroot, flash radio,

I did a nandroid backup after getting to 2.x radio.

reroot, wipe data/cache, flash new rom is the steps I took.

21. ArmlessRifleman

ArmlessRifleman Well-Known Member

Adrynalyne's Evo port is the best Froyo ROM out at the moment IMHO. I will also take this opportunity to thank Adrynalyne for all of the hard work and effort he puts into not only developing, but helping other members of this forum as well. I am sincerely grateful for everything he has done.

adrynalyne likes this.
  22. jesssiii

jesssiii Active Member

How do I know which "radio" I have? (Not sure what it is either)

23. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Baseband Version

Current stock is 2.15.00.07.28. I dare say a majority of rooted users are also on that radio. I'm sure you noticed that this thread is dated. I would look elsewhere for Rom ideas if that's where you were headed.