• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want a cheap Android phone. (Huawei Ascend?)

weltall

Jun 26, 2011
Case closed. ZTE Blade bought :)

I am kind of new in the whole android world so I am not sure what is new or not. A friend over here has a Huawei Ideos U8150 and I asked him if he knew a cheap one like his and he told me to go for ascend. I am willing to go to about 200usd but I have to say this. My phone will be used 90% as a phone - Calling and texting that is. What I want from it is to be able to hear it when it rings, unlike almost all new beautiful looking phones that they ring and you hardly can hear them, and to have a smooth and beautiful menu.

I would even stick to the uber cheap sciphone I bought that all the icons are just for show and when you click them a totally different app starts, if it starts at all. But the speaker and mic are crap so no fun there. (even with the headset). So I thought on going on a smartphone if possible.

It would be nice if it would play videos in a smooth way and all but still I just do not use my phone for much else than using it as a phone. Maybe rarely kill time and play a flashlike game but thats it.

Sorry for the blabbering. Can anyone at least tell me where I should look at? or between which I should go for? Thank you very much :)

-Edit-
Just called him and he told me a3000 is good but he did not know brand. (Star?)

I looked around myself and found ZTE Blade and it feels like a good choice if you see the specs.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones