• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want a new used droid for media player need suggestions

Genyc07

Feb 4, 2013
Jim Thorpe, PA
ok so i've had my commando c771 for a little over a month and
i'm hooked i love all aspects of it as compared to a apple product and now the wife and kids are hooked. so i want to buy them all android based phones but not to use as phones at all. I want them as media players. I'm looking for a huge screen, 16gb sd card reading, wifi so i can side load without usb, Easy to root (after the comando anything should be easy) and stable. i don't want a tablet it should be close to pocket size but that is my wish list oh and i want to do this for around maybe under 40 bucks. any thoughts?

ok so i've had my commando c771 for a little over a month and
i'm hooked i love all aspects of it as compared to a apple product and now the wife and kids are hooked. so i want to buy them all android based phones but not to use as phones at all. I want them as media players. I'm looking for a huge screen, 16gb sd card reading, wifi so i can side load without usb, Easy to root (after the comando anything should be easy) and stable. i don't want a tablet it should be close to pocket size but that is my wish list oh and i want to do this for around maybe under 40 bucks. any thoughts?

i would check craigs list or ebay for an htc evo 4g. i have had this phone since the day it came out 3 yrs ago. it is not activated any more and i use it as an mp3 player mostly when i work out. it has a huge screen(it was the biggest at the time). it is fairly easy to root and has is a great phone all around. and you can get the phone cheap.

Upvote 0
cool beans keep us posted.

also if you want to root it then you can go here for more info:
EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums

yea read through that earlier. i will let you guys know in the evo threads if i go this route. I'm sure i will have a ton of questions i'm new to the smart phone game myself as i only got my casio 2 months ago. 4.3 inch screen that as big as i can find on anything so unless there is bigger this is the phone I'm going to get.

Are there lesser versions of the evo that i should avoid early releases that suck ect? i read the charging port is annoying whats that about and how do i test?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones