I want an Evo 4g Maybe

Last Updated:

1. SmokemyPole88

SmokemyPole88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 23, 2010
    Hi let bashing begin... Im an apple fan boy but att is to expensive and im looking at the evo 4g as possible replacement. Could you please answer if the evo has these features.

Mobile TV.. Is there subscription price?
    Music Player... Does it show my cover art and info from itunes?
    Mobile Hot spot.. is it true there is no additional charge for Tethering?
    email.. can I use a non g-mail account for it?
    Video Recording at 720p?

2. htmlcssguru

htmlcssguru Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
  3. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    2. Depends on what you are looking for and the method but it can be done for free.
    3. Yes true multitasking.
    4. Shows cover art but I don't use itunes so I can't answer the second part.
    5. Sprint hot spot costs $30 more/mo. Other methods are free or cheaper (one time fee e.g. PDAnet)
    6. Yes
    7. Yes but not real great.
  4. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    trust me as a die hardI phone user who had every one if them and then the htc hd2 before my evo there is simply no comparison. the Evo simply kills the iphone. its not even close.
  5. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    You can get any email account on your phone, but gmail is way easier with this thing. I never even went on the gmail site before i got my first android phone (december last year), and i was hesitant about signing up for gmail. But, with my phone automatically retrieving mail, my contacts being backed up to it (i do a lot of hard resets...ha) and the new facebook thing i just found where it shows upcoming birthdays of my facebook friends, it just goes along a lot smoother. Now all my mail is done through my gmail account.

You can tether, but it costs 30$/month from sprint, or you could just root the phone (not that hard) and do it for free.

We do have a sprint tv network, but i have never used it..so i couldn't tell you what its like.

Itunes cover art? It should, as long as the cover art file is on there, along with the song.

Wifi - connects to wifi, and runs a lot better than the mobile network the phone automatically uses
  6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    What you should do is use your iPhone to your cap, then move to Sprint and get the Evo. Then, let the connected calls and savings begin!

Evo's a more capable phone, but it doesn't have the iPhone UI. I don't mind that. I don't like the Apple UI because it's not customizable.

Another thing you can try is to get the Evo and use it for a few weeks side-by-side with your iPhone. If you like it, keep the Evo and port over your existing number. Of course, you'll have to pay for two phones will you have them, but I don't think you'll have both for more than 1 week before you switch over. At that point, you'll already have the Evo up and running and just need to port over your iPhone.