I want facebook to just sync contact info to what's already in my phone!Support

1. tomdevinej

tomdevinej New Member

Hi all,

I really need some help, I can't find this anywhere on the threads myself so sorry if it's already been posted. I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S3, all my contacts are in the phone and what I'd like to do is sync the contacts I have with facebook for status's/pictures etc. Even when I select this option from the facebook sync settings, it syncs every one of my facebook friends into my contact list, instead of just the ones who's numbers I have... How can I fix this!?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Advertisement
    :
  2. Calvo1

Calvo1 Well-Known Member

Dont sync with facebook, try an app called facebook sync contacts. If I remember correctly it gives you the option to sync all or just the contacts in your phone.
  3. tomdevinej

tomdevinej New Member

Unfortunately that one just did the same thing too :/
  4. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

What carrier do you have? My app asked if I just wanted to sync to contacts already on my phone and it did just that. I ended up not wanting people's fb pics on texts and such so I cleared it out, but it worked. I didn't have anyone in my contacts that wasn't already there.
  5. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

my facebook app asked the same thing, i picked sync with contacts already in phone. It synced allllllll facebook friends with numbers to my phone. tried it 2 times and same results :/
  6. true

true Well-Known Member

I'm having the exact same issue! I'm in no way an android novice, however I simply canNOT get my phone to sync the facebook contacts to my phone contacts and display the pictures. any tips would be absolutely appreciated. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of.
    Thanks
    Paul
  7. DarkMage619

DarkMage619 Active Member

I don't think this is something Samsung phones do on their own. I know HTC has its own Sense FB app that will grab pictures and everything from FB and apply it to your contacts on your phone. I think you'll need something other than the FB app from the market place to do that on a Samsung phone.

The Dark One
  8. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue.

Give SyncMyPix from the play store a try. I've been using that to update contact photos without issue and without it adding ALL my Facebook contacts to my phone.
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I use this for pictures. Doesn't do Status though.
  10. Maverick3ta

Maverick3ta New Member

Ok. So I ran into a weird problem with the original galaxy s, there were two Facebook sync accounts running, intergrated and app. Since the GS3 only supports one facebook sync account, the intergraded one does not sync pictures so I removed account and opened the Facebook app and found I was logged out. Logged back in, automatically went to sync contacts and set to sync. Pictures on my contacts now!