• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want it now!

While I am fine with 1.5 and content to wait a little longer for 2.1 while the bugs are being squashed, I hope we get the OTA before people start flinging feces.

That seems to have started already amongst those in a doo-doo fit over the OTA's seeming delays.

Any new topics about it should have:

monkeys_fling_poo1.jpg

in the first post, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
The funny thing is the older generation forgets that when they were 20 something their elders were saying the same exact thing about them. Albeit over using that new telemachine or what not but either way they were still horrible people with subjective morals. Give us 20 somethings another 20 years and we will be bitching about the generation behind us unless you realize how ridiculous it all is and remember what it was like to have fun/be fun.

Actually, when I was in my "whiney" years, I went from parents who could legally slap the snot out of me when I got out of line, to a Sergeant who could knock the snot out of me when I got out of line.

Having the snot slapped and/or knocked out of one 24/7 tends to leave little time for whining....

Upvote 0
Actually, when I was in my "whiney" years, I went from parents who could legally slap the snot out of me when I got out of line, to a Sergeant who could knock the snot out of me when I got out of line.

Having the snot slapped and/or knocked out of one 24/7 tends to leave little time for whining....

Yeah. And when they do have time for whining, the whiners who've had the snot slapped out of them can only dry-whine.

Looks fake. More slapping is in order.

Upvote 0

My point was that you were getting slapped because they thought you were going to ruin the world. Just like you think we are going to ruin the world now. Perception of decline of society by older generations is not a new thing.

Upvote 0
@ wariior: I got a buddy that goes to uni... I thought it was going to be stupid to put them in, but I did anyways. Go me, I guess.

I thought this was a pathetic thread, and then I imagined sir eagle standing in line at the Verizon store shaking his cane at the poor guy behind the counter calling him a whippersnapper. I found this highly amusing.
I'm sure your buddy has been hammered for the last 24 hours. Congrats!

Upvote 0
Well, the definition of "hot" here is not necessarily synonymous with "important" or even "valid."

Eris topics are usually in the hottest thread list. After all, it is a popular phone and this is the best and pretty much only forum for it.

A topic about their phone before the eris, or the story about going to the store have hit the hottest topics... of course a rant about ranters demanding 2.1 OTA now would hit it too.

Really all the guides, tips, tricks, pictures, mods, functions, favorite applications polls have all been used talked about already.

Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Bad grammar and spelling are pet peeves of mine.

Try spending some time over on some of the electronics forums I frequent. The majority of members are over 25 and the spelling and grammar is atrocious!

Welcome to the internet. Guess the grammar police weren't internet early adopters....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones