I want something totally different then sense roms

Last Updated:

1. jongo

jongo Active Member This Topic's Starter

most the roots i see on xda are pretty much sense with a few colorful addons and launchers. If anyone has links to really different roms that dont really use sense post a link. and no adw launchers or launcher pro.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

3. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

So what launcher do you want to use? Stock froyo? If you are rooted you can use any launcher you want regardless of what the Rom comes with. But like the post above I think cm6 is what you're looking for. Tho I think It comes with adw launcher and stock froyo.

Are you only looking for a different launcher?

4. jongo

jongo Active Member This Topic's Starter

just a custom launcher. Right now i use the touchwiz 3.0 launcher.

5. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

IMHO, Sense sucks. They leave out a number of features you can find in vanilla froyo which are far more user-friendly and intuitive than Sense. To use a bad pun, Sense make no sense to me - it seems almost as if they took an awesome product and dumbed it down on purpose.

For instance, in vanilla froyo, you can toggle bluetooth on or off on the fly right from the dialer during a call. This is VERY useful if you headset starts to lose power during a call, or if you have your headset paired to your phone, but don't happen to have it handy when you answer a call and want to turn it off.

For some odd reason, HTC has chosen to REMOVE this helpful feature from their dialer. Your only choice to toggle off bluetooth during a call is to create a toogle on a homepage and try to find it during the call - just DUMB. HTC must have former M$ employees working there - they are another company that randomly gets rid of useful features for no apparent reason.

Their widgets are ok I suppose, but they didn't have to ruin things like the dialer and the contact manager to create those widgets. HTC should stick to creating hardware and leave the software to people like cyanogen.

6. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Launcherpro Plus is my favorite launcher. I especially like the ability to resize widgets right on the homescreen rather than recreating them.

7. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you're wrong, they certainly didn't make it obvious, intuitive or user friendly, but if you're using Sense and talking via HandsFree, taking it out of speaker disconnects it from the BT device.

8. rickwatt

rickwatt New Member

The following will also toggle BT on/off during a call:

Menu->BT headset off

But I agree with mitchellvii that there should be a button right on the screen during a call.