• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want the best android device on the market

hello i just got a captivate from att for $1 dollar i was wondering if is good to keep this phone or get another one i want a good android device i still have time to cancel the contract without a etf fee please help me :(

Right now, at this moment, the Galaxy S phones spec out at the top of the heap. Tomorrow .... who knows?

Upvote 0
As it was said before the "best android phone" is subjective. What do you need your phone for? Are you a heavy texter? Are you into productivity apps? Do you like to listen to music and watch videos on your phone? Are you big into social networking? Do you like to tinker and root/install custom roms? Do you prefer a physical keyboard?

All of those questions can change what the best device FOR YOU is. I for one wouldn't purchase a smartphone from AT&T because at the moment at least they're the only provider out of the big four that don't offer unlimited data. Chances are most people don't go over 2 gigs anyway but I'd rather not worry about it. Anyway, make a list of what's important to you in your phone then pick your phone from that. My best and your best may not be the same thing.

Upvote 0
Best on Sprint: Epic 4g and Evo 4g
Best on Verizon: Droid X and Fascinate
Best on Tmobile: G2, Vibrant and MyTouch 4g
Best on At&t: Captivate

There, I've narrowed it to "only" (lol) 8 super androids. Its hard to say which is best for you cause I'm not sure what you're looking for. Obviously each of them will have some form of flaw because nothing is perfect so you must weigh the pros vs the cons. I suggest reading some reviews and watching hands on videos on each one that interests you so that you can find your match.

Can't go wrong with any of them though, Android is really pulling out the stops lately.

Upvote 0
Best on Sprint: Epic 4g and Evo 4g
Best on Verizon: Droid X and Fascinate
Best on Tmobile: G2, Vibrant and MyTouch 4g
Best on At&t: Captivate

Those would be my votes, personal preference though. I would go with the X. Verizon is definitely tops when it comes to coverage

Sprint would be the second choice because of phones

I would personally never have AT&T or T-mobile again because of a combination of bad customer service and network for both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones