• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

VincentAnoid

Android Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2012
If you are active on these forums then I guess you would have figured by now I am a Sammy Boy xD

I seen the advert for the new Google phone aka Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I've just realised this would be a good phone for me. It has assurance from Android maker Google to always have the up to date software updates, and especially being one of a kind that as well as being made by Samsung lol;)

I was thinking it costs too much at the moment and does anyone think that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will drop in price after the new releases in the MWC2012 (Competiton)? Did the Samsung Nexus S drop in price in last years MWC? I think something over

I think I have a lot of waiting if its ever going to go down. Theres Galaxy Nexus adverts everywhere, I've seen a few on tv too. =/ But its a good idea I think because even if they aren't annoucing anything at MWC, other companies are releasing devices. Quad-core phone from LG has been leaked for e.g. will probably push Galaxy Nexus prices down. Galaxy Nexus will soon look petty compared with such a device.

Upvote 0
If you are active on these forums then I guess you would have figured by now I am a Sammy Boy xD

I seen the advert for the new Google phone aka Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I've just realised this would be a good phone for me. It has assurance from Android maker Google to always have the up to date software updates, and especially being one of a kind that as well as being made by Samsung lol;)

I was thinking it costs too much at the moment and does anyone think that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will drop in price after the new releases in the MWC2012 (Competiton)? Did the Samsung Nexus S drop in price in last years MWC? I think something over

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it would drop in price I could be wrong. Also you could hold out for the Samsung galaxy s3 which I think is rumored to come stock with ICS it may not be true but it's a good possibility I would and I am going to hold out for the S3 but the nexus is very nice you are guaranteed to get all the latest updates before any other phone and despite that phone having a 5 MP camera it takes pictures mad fast check out this review I hope you find it helpful Samsung Galaxy Nexus Review Part 1 - YouTube
Thanks, the SGSIII is a good option as well but its only going to be the same again, the price is gonna be rocket high. Especially the S phones, S = Super Samsungs best. But I think 5MP is good enough, I have a DSLR anyway so I wouldn't take snaps on that, the camera is proper fast :D Great for fun snaps. Never miss a moment

Upvote 0
Just keep looking for sales...I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US different sellers offer different prices for the same device. The HTC Rezound can be had for $100 at Verizon Wireless, but it's $200 at Best Buy and $180 at Amazon. The GNex can be had for $230 at Amazon, and $300 at Best Buy & Verizon. This assumes you have an upgrade available.

But, to answer your question...I think that new phones will be announced at MWC that will make the hardware on the GNex look ancient, and it will definitely effect the pricing. How much it goes down and how soon they cut pricing is just speculation at this point.

Good luck getting a new phone...

Reactions: VincentAnoid
Upvote 0
How much do you reckon the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is acutally worth

There's more to 'worth' than just material and manufacturing cost. You're also paying for the Nexus brand i.e. a development handset with bleeding-edge update support.

Btw, there's no need to keep 'bumping' a topic. Other members see threads containing unread posts highlighted in the forum index.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones