• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i want to make app like facebook comments UI

Zuma2funny

Lurker
Oct 5, 2012
i want to make app connect to data base ,the main idea is it share event and users can post their comments on separate event like posts in face book
Ex : today is match between barca and real .iwant to put it in activity and accept users comment on it .
My question here is if i have say 20 event have i make 20 activity or there is away to make one activity only , i didn't understand the concept :s
And i want to know type of list view which i can use like facbook comments ui , thnx :)

Before thinking about the UI, try to create the app itself. First of all, you must use a server to store all those comments and events. Then the app would use a listview to display all the events. When you click an event, a new activity will open with comments and details. You won't have to create 20 activities, when you click an event you launch the new activity and append some data to it, like an unique ID to identify that event. Then the second activity would get the data from the server and display it. Then you would need a third activity to create events. (I think you could create all these screens using just one activity, but I don't have any experience regarding this yet)

Wouldn't setting up a private facebook group be easier? It works pretty the same. You post something then others comment on it. Hassle-free, faster and better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones