• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to transfer (not call forward) a call!

Hi Everyone:

I am having trouble googling this as all of the results tend to be about call forwarding rather than transferring a call.

Basically, here is my need: I prefer talking on my land line to my cell phone. If I am sitting at my desk, I would like to be able to receive a call on my mobile, say, "Hey hold on a sec", use an app (or some other magical way) to transfer the call to my land line phone number (which is different than my mobile number, obviously).

Any ideas on how this can happen either through Android, an app, or Sprint?

Thanks so much! :-D

hstroph: Call forwarding, from what I understand (at least with mobiles) is automatically forwarding all incoming calls to another phone number. When I am talking about "transferring", I mean a call that I answered and then sending it to another number. The terms may change depending on the context, so hopefully I am at least clear with what I'm desiring.

MLSS: I hope you are wrong, but we'll see:)

Upvote 0
hstroph: Call forwarding, from what I understand (at least with mobiles) is automatically forwarding all incoming calls to another phone number. When I am talking about "transferring", I mean a call that I answered and then sending it to another number. ...

It doesn't matter whether the call is incoming or in progress, "another number" from what the caller dialed is call forwarding. Your semantics won't change that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones