i want to transfer pics to my evo from my computer... where do i save them on the phone?Support

Last Updated: 2011-09-07 00:53:31
  1. higgins14

higgins14 Active Member

First off... i am new to this forum. All of the info everyone has been posting has been a huge help for me, so thanks to all.

anyways, here is my question: I would like to transfer pics from my computer to my phone. where on the sd card do i save them? pics i have taken with my evo go into the 100Media folder inside of the DCIM folder on my sd card. should i just dump all of the pics in this folder? will the folder be sorted out by date, or is there an app that would be good for organizing pictures and making slideshows?

Advertisement
  2. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

Picassa by google is AWESOME. Give me a minute and I can tell you the folder.

Okay so connect your evo as disc drive.
    On your Win XP-Win 7 select Open Folder
    DCIM>100MEDIA is where pictures are stored

Also when you do this you will see a music folder for your mp3s
    higgins14 likes this.
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I created another folder in my 100MEDIA folder and just named it OldPics, worked out fine that way.
  4. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Post them anywhere on the SDCard - the gallery will show all your pictures no matter where they're at.
  5. higgins14

higgins14 Active Member

wow, thanks for the quick responses. It worked great! Do you guys think that i could do the same thing on my wife's htc hero?

I think i want to keep the pictures on my phone so i won't have to worry about my network connection when showing people pics... but i have a bunch of friends that like to use picassa.

I am a new dad with a 3 month old son. when people ask how he is, i want to be able to show pictures, but i don;t want to have to worry about having a weak signal on the sprint network as i am trying to view the pics online. As it is, i am typically roaming when i am at work.
  6. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

Hag now this I can relate to. I only have the evo so I can't speak for that but you can always copy your pics over Google will catch dups in Picasso.
  7. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

yes to the hero question. same os.
  8. I created a folder for pics in the root directory, and Gallery automatically created an album with the folder's name. So you can not only put the pictures anywhere, you can create folders to sort them.
  9. ssn713

ssn713 New Member

I tried this but when I open folders I have the DCIM folder that shows as a shortcut and when I press it , it cannot find it.... :mad:
  10. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that you copied shortcuts instead of the actual file.
    Try it again using the keyboard shortcuts...
    COPY: ctrl+c
    PASTE: ctrl+v

That way, you get copy and paste every time, and you save time. I'm much faster with copy and paste that way ;)
    ssn713 likes this.
  11. ssn713

ssn713 New Member

I have a bunch of folders that come up as shortcuts when I am reading my sd card directly. I checked space on it and it shows i am using about 4 of the 8 GB card. I don't even know how to save my photos to somewhere else???? I had downloaded stuff in the past and it was automatic, I believe. Now something has changed.
    Thanks for any replies
  12. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

Mind being a little more specific? Are you looking at the files from your computer and its showing everything as a shortcut or are you looking at files from the phone and they are showing up as shortcuts? Can you remove the card from the phone and put it in a card reader and see all your stuff in windows?

Your Pictures and Photos should be in dcim > media. If you have downloaded pictures from the internet from an app then the pictures should be on the sd card in a folder under the apps name. If you download pictures from the internet using a browser then they could be in download or in the browsers download folder. What kind of stuff did you download that was "automatic"