• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want to try Tasker, but.....

Matt31

Aug 30, 2011
South Korea
I have seen this app and would like to give it a go.
I just do not know if I would get enough use out of it to pay that kind of price for it.

I have read a little bit about it and there are some profiles that could help.

So for some people that have purchased the app, do you think it is worth that kind of money for the app?
What are your 3 favourite profiles that you use?

You may want to take a look at some of the free alternatives to Tasker.

I prefer LLAMA but there is another out there is AutomateIT. They all do similar things in a similar manner. You may find the free ones do everything you want them to. However if you find something it doesn't you can find out if Tasker will and buy it then :)

Upvote 0
Automate It is awesome and free. Not sure what you're looking to do specifically, but with Automate It I do the following automatically.

1. Turn on Wifi when I get home
2. Turn on 3G when I leave home
3. Turn off 3G when I get to work
4. Turn on 3G when I leave work
5. Auto-start music player when headphones are plugged in.
6. Stop screen from shutting down/locking when headphones are plugged in (makes it so much easier to skip songs when listening to music in my car. I was a cassette adapter to listen to music through my car speakers. Prior to this app if I wanted to skip a song I had to unlock phone, got really annoying after a while).

My impression of Tasker is that it can do a lot more in terms of complexity but really the examples above are all I wanted to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones