i want to upgrade to htc evo from htc hero

Last Updated:

1. kepal

kepal Member This Topic's Starter

i have a htc hero and want a htc evo. i got it in feb of this year, from best buy, but now i see that this phone is way better and wasent even out when i got mine.

someone help me out and let me know my possible routes to go.

Advertisement
  2. kepal

kepal Member This Topic's Starter

hi i bout a new hero in feb of this year and now want a evo. i got it from best buy and signed a contract. also i heard that best buy will let you return your phone and get a new evo for the 2 year contract price. is this truE?????????

also if not what is the best way for me to get a evo. and should i trade back my hero for it, with the trade back programs many diffrent retailed are now having

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I have not heard that before. Don't know if it's true or not but I would doubt it.

You could sell your Hero and buy an Evo out of contract and hopefully make enough to get the Evo close to the cost or a contract phone.

Do you just want the Evo because it's newer or because...?

Edit: Merged your duplicate threads.

4. Mauddib

Mauddib Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way to do it outside of buying the EVO at full price and trying to sell the Hero on ebay or something. If you keep this up though you aren't going to be happy ever. As soon as you get the EVO some new phone will show up and you will want that. I would wait until Feb, which is when you can get a new phone at a much cheaper price and see what is out there then and what is coming and then make a decision. If the EVO is that great of a phone then it will still be one in Feb.

kepal likes this.
  5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Lol better get used to your hero, unless you've got like 500 bucks to blow on one outside your contract.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

6. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member

Not true on Feb, unless he/she was an existing customer. Must wait 18 months w/ Sprint Premier if you are new customer, as I am since March... Personally, I don't mind waiting for an upgrade and have no desire for an Evo. I'll wait for a better model with Android Pumpkin [Pie]:D Maybe by then, they'll have a 720p camcorder functionality worth a crap