i was ready to buy a case-mate but then...

Last Updated:

1. evo-owner2

evo-owner2 Member This Topic's Starter

I realized that it is silly to spend 20+ $ on a case for a phone which has insurance on it that I pay 7$ a month for... if the phone breaks- no problem. I'll get another. So why bother?

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I have squaretrade insurance but I also have the innocase rugged combo just to eliminate any cosmetic damage that wouldn't qualify for warranty or accidental damage. I'm a little anal about my phones looking in good condition and a scratch or dent would drive me crazy. Insurance is more for the catastrophic stuff IMHO..

3. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

You have to pay a $100 deductible if the phone breaks due to damage. My phone dropped about 2 1/2 feet off the bathroom sink to a tile floor, and my Innocase absorbed the impact and my phone was fine. Had it been nude and died a terrible death, I'd be out $100 versus $20 for the case.

4. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

What's worse is if it wouldn't have died but just gotten a wicked crack you had to look at every day. At least if it dies your getting a new phone but if its cracked it's just deformed. That would drive me nuts.

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I guess maybe my reason is I want to sell the Evo in a year for Sprint's next best. Case maximizes resale value.