I was so, so close...

Last Updated:

1. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

to having an Evo in my hand this afternoon. Some wanker got to the store about 10 minutes ahead of me, and got the last one.

*sigh*

I'm bailing on T-Mobile next month, when the ETF is down to $100.

Anyone want to buy a used, rooted, MT3G? :D Kidding. Sort of. Well, maybe not...

Advertisement
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Hate to see you go Karma but good luck.

P.S. you might want to try the Sprint store on Murphy & W.Airport. I went over there just to get a hands on demo of the EVO and they had about 3 left in stock for new customers only. Of course this was about a week or 2 ago :D

3. InstantKarma

A week or two ago? They're long gone. lol

Best Buy is supposed to get another shipment in today or tomorrow. Failing that, there's a person posting on Craigslist for the same deal as Radio Shack/Best Buy/etc. that I'll check out. Seems strange that they're advertising on CL (ad says Gessner and Harwin), but I don't go anywhere unarmed so I wouldn't be too worried.

I still have a bit more than a week before the T-Mobile ETF goes down to $100, so it's not actually an emergency. I just want that phone! lol

And I was pissed that that guy beat me by no more than 10 minutes. I wanted to start whispering in his ear 'you're too dumb for Android', 'get an iPhone'.... Seriously, he was killing me, trying to haggle over the price of screen protector, and shit like that.

4. retrophysical10

retrophysical10 Member

Has sprint fixed the issue with the smart phones not being able to tether and talk simultaneously? That along with their customer service were the deal breakers for me. I love the Evo though.

5. InstantKarma

I'm strongly led to believe that their CS has improved dramatically in the last year, since Dan Whatsisname in the commercials took over.

Haven't come across the tether/talk issue in the Evo forum. I don't think that'd be a huge consideration for me. They did just get an OTA update this morning, though.

6. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

It's a great phone man. Just played with a few days ago when I was around my cousins. That screen is beautiful! But the phone started messing up when I tried to download Swype for her so I'd watch for that.

7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

it is a great phone but the extra 40 dollars for tethering/hotspot/4g is just not worth it. plus it is way to big

8. InstantKarma

So don't get the hotspot option -$30 (root and use wireless tether instead), use the referral program -$10 = less than I'm paying T-Mo for 3G (in much more limited areas) and data capped at 10gb. Even without the referral I'd be paying the same, or maybe a bit less.

And I really don't think it's that big. Less than a half-inch wider than my MT3G.

Bloody UPS guy better get here soon. I've been up waiting for him for almost four hours, and I have to go to work in an hour.

ETA: 5:35 pm and IT'S HERE!!!

9. BiGMERF

3.2 versus 4.3 is a big difference

Sent from space

10. InstantKarma

Yes, but that's measuring diagonally, like TVs are.

It's a niiiiice screen. :D

11. BiGMERF

hey if its what you like and dont mind how big it is or the extra fees, then go for it!

12. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

You already rooted that darn thing? Did not take you long. Your like a rooting pro now. LOL

13. InstantKarma

Nah, it was even easier with the Evo. Wouldn't have bought it if it was unrootable, though.

14. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Congrats on getting your EVO Karma. I'm pretty sure you can't even put it down for a sec. :D

I hope it's like that for me if/when the HTC Vision comes to T-Mobile